classklown90's 40B sps paradiae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

classklown90

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys! It's been alonggg time since I have been on here but I'm back. Check out my old 34 gallon build thread. I have now upgraded to a 40B and it has been setup since sept. 29 this year. I now have turned my biocube into a frag tank as well and it will have steves leds retrofitted by dec. I have come along way since my first biocube ;)

Here are some tank specs:

Livestock:(fish)
Tomato clown
Bluestripe pipefish
YWG
Baby yellow tang. I will transfer when ready please don't tang police me..I'm not new and I don't care.

Shrimp/inverts:
Blood red fire shrimp
Cleaner shrimp
T deresa clam
Various hermits
Various snails
Blue linkia star
Pom pom crab

Coral:(sps)
Green pocilopora
Ora ponape birdsnest
ORA birds of paradise
ORA orange digi
ORA purple stylo
ORA blue Milli
Green Milli
Blue tipped validia
ORA red planet
Sunset monti
Green purple rimmed monti
15 various sps frags on rack
Teal Acro parilis
Pink birdsnest
Pink lemonade
ORA plum crazy
Blue tipped tenuis
Jason fox setosa
Tea time for teal Acro

(Lps):
Green plate
Watermelon chalice
2 acans

(Zoas):
Pink zippers
Fire and.ice
Rastas
Red hornet
Blue hornet
Darth maul
La laker
Magician
Joker
Kryptonite
Blueberry violet
Mind blowing palys
Utter chaos
Sunny d
Lunar eclipse
Watermelon
Radioactive dragoneyes
Green ninja stars
Red ring zoas
Purple deaths
Reverse gorilla nipples
And more

Equipment:
2 165W dimmable led units
Tunze skimmer
2 Korallia powerheads
BRS gfo reactor
10 gallon sump with chaeto/grape calupera/halemeda and rubble rock

My old biocube is now my frag tank. I am waiting for my custom fitted lid to be mailed back. It will have a custom combo of steves leds and I built my own rack. I run chemipure elite, purigen, live rock under the rack and the stock biocube filter pad. Only live stock are my two original oscellaris clowns and my CUC. Now for the pics. (biocube pics are still with stock hood)

ForumRunner_20121124_205245.jpg

ForumRunner_20121124_205318.jpg

ForumRunner_20121124_205337.jpg

ForumRunner_20121124_205355.jpg

ForumRunner_20121124_205421.jpg

ForumRunner_20121124_205439.jpg

ForumRunner_20121124_205515.jpg

Anyone have any suggestions for a good skimmer for this tank? Also I'm looking to build a 20L sump to replace my 10 gallon. Anyone know of any links to where to place the baffles? I plan on a fuge

Anyone have any suggestions for a good skimmer for this tank? Also I'm looking to build a 20L sump to replace my 10 gallon. Anyone know of any links to where to place the baffles? I plan on a fuge

You may try the Reef Octopus NWB-110. The foot print is a bit large, but it should fit well in a 20L. It also has a gate valve which makes fine tuning pretty easy.

As far as where to place baffles, I would figure out how much space you will need for your skimmer, then your return pump on the opposite side and go from there. I assume you are planning a fuge, so you could google some popular sump refugiums to give you a visual of what you want to accomplish.

You may try the Reef Octopus NWB-110. The foot print is a bit large, but it should fit well in a 20L. It also has a gate valve which makes fine tuning pretty easy.

As far as where to place baffles, I would figure out how much space you will need for your skimmer, then your return pump on the opposite side and go from there. I assume you are planning a fuge, so you could google some popular sump refugiums to give you a visual of what you want to accomplish.

Great thank you I will look into that

Back
Top Bottom