Evans 40 Gallon Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i would do cardinals personally ive heard chromis will kill each other until there is only one left. were you thinking banggai or pajamas?

Thanks!

I was thinking banggai, but I am open to either.

I've just read that they aren't very active swimmers.

That's a tough one. I actually just put three chromis in my 40B and they are very beautiful and active little suckers. I also like the way Cardinals seem to hover in place and are less skiddish than Chromis.

Cool good to know! :) thanks

The cardinals are pretty cool but the chromis put alot more motion to the tank. Id go with the blue reef chromis. But the bangaiis are pretty neat.

I had blue reef chromis and they were awesome! They get bigger than regular chromis though. :) i started with 5 and was down to 2 after about a year or year and a half. They would all hang out together and are quite active as far as swimming around. They got along with most of the other fish, my tangs would take great joy in chasing them around the tank though lol. They are hardy and an all around good choice, not to mention not everyone has them.

Good luck, I'll be following along to see what you do. :)

I've had bad luck with chromis. I can only keep one at a time alive which leads me to believe that they get aggressive with each other over time. If it were me I would go with cardinals. I like the banggai (sp?) over the pj cardinals. But that's just personal preference.

I have 3 blue/green and 3 silver with yellow and blue fins 2 of them just turned dark blue
think it was the females that changed colors and they all get along great

FTS as of today!

My New Purple Gorgonian I got today:

Goby and Leather

New Giant Mushroom that I got today and is not quite open yet:

Does your GSP stay pretty well contained? I was afraid of introducing into my tank because I thought it could out grow other corals

It grows a little, but not enough to the point where it outgrows other coral or becomes a problem. It's perfect to me! People also say that montiporas are problematic because of how fast they grow... Mines grown half an inch in 8 months... I think every tank is different. In mine, Gsp nor montis spread and grow as people say.

Tank looks great! Well done!

My gsp started at about a quarter inch frag and has totally encompassed a HUGE rock and adjoining rocks. I dont mind as I really like how green it is and how it flows with the water. I've had mine for about 3 years, I think it was actually the first coral I bought. lol
So, in my tank it grows like a weed. lol

I LOVE GSP! I've never had it skip to another rock before, but I've only had it since January.

Man guys, don't mean to toot my own horn, but this tank looks so nice right now! I'm so proud of this tank and every thing in it! :) I'm constantly getting new coral and I just recently picked up a few paly frags/colonies today! :) will try to post pics soon!

Haha just went back and got 3 cardinal fish and 4 more zoa frags! Hahhahaha I'm an addict

It's not hard to do ,,that tank is coming along nicely and filling out , I see your hard work is paying off now be sure and enjoy it
next thing you know you'll be starting another tank lol

I'm expecting a big order of corals on thurs I'm hooked TOO.....:D

My biggest problem is I spend to much!!!

But that's the fun of it (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Looks real good buddy....and you was gonna call it quits a while back.lol. it does take dedication

Back
Top Bottom