First sw 50 gal build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
image-504164374.jpg

Shrooms:)

image-2620796831.jpg

Sponge grows like a weed

image-909533275.jpg

Just a pic of surface agitation

image-694430080.jpg

Much better pic with metal halides on!:) enjoy!!!

Mhhhm nobody!? I also got a free Kenya tree and I bought glove polyps!!!

Lmfao really he's in there till I upgrade but it's funny coming from you!!

zacheyp said:
50 gallons is way to small for any tang especially a yellow one.
. Is a fifty gallon to small for a purple tang... What about a red one

Adio800 said:
. Is a fifty gallon to small for a purple tang... What about a red one

50 gallons is too small for any tang. They need the 6 ft to swim and some even require more turnaround space than others. On top of that the need multiple caves to hide in. Probably about 2-3 caves per tang.

Just a side note- be careful with yellow tangs- ime they are very agressive and will kill other fish once they have claimed tank dominance just because they have a little yellow. Also, they should be adde last if you get a larger aquarium and are planning on more tangs.

Also, I have a purple tang- very expensive. Too expensive to risk ick because they are stressed in too small of a tank.

If you were to upgrade to a 75 gallon however, you could look into kole tangs, or bristle tooth tangs.

I know that it needs swim space and alot of open water.. My rock has caves all over and I was just kiddin about the purple tang just cause he said yellow tang lol

image-1923975584.jpg

Rics

image-1032104112.jpg

Rics

image-3930211967.jpg

Attachments

• image-1284043691.jpg
    image-1284043691.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 75
Very nice! If you like ricordias you might wanna look at the Florida ricordias and maybe even the yuma mushrooms

Adio800 said:
Floridas !!!

Cool! I'm from Florida- and I support my state! Lol. I have a few in my tank. I love the blue/grey look. When they are small they blend in a little but as they grow they looks awesome

That's awesome! I might get some yumas too! They are so cool looking!

Back
Top Bottom