From beginning to End

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well pretty much. I have a freakin rubbermaid sump at the moment, because it happens to be all that i can afford. So when the time comes, i would like to buy a 20G high glass tank to use as the sump. This will be later though. But after the lights, then yes, technically speaking, my equipment phase will be over and done with. For then.. lol. Never know when somethings going to break. :p

Awww come on there is always more equipment you can get.....how about a UV filter. great for killing ich and algae

or send that darned thing back and risk it for a little while with some tap water. Duno what to do, but i got to make some choice decisions here.

You'll be ok for a little while with tap water....my tank looses about 1 gal/day. (no top at all).better off with high silica and phosphates than a 1.050 SG

A UV sterilizer will only kill what passes through it FROM the water column. Ich reproduces in the sand, thus, a UV has no effect on ich unless the parasite is suspended in the water coulumn.

I guess there are other things i could get along the way of having the tank all setup etc.. But for now, i have all the equipment i need and i'd rather focus on letting the tank properly cycle and then its on the inhabitants from there.

And i cant put the LR in the tank if the sg is over 1.025, which i predict it will be unless i fill it up with water.

Things that break are a pain - just curious why can't you put your LR in at 1.025sg? My LFS premixes their water at 1.025 and that's what I buy and use in my tank.

Well i THOUGHT i couldnt. But i was told it didnt really matter as long as it stayed between 1.022 and 1.028.

Well i THOUGHT i couldnt. But i was told it didnt really matter as long as it stayed between 1.022 and 1.028.

Yea - I believe natural seawater is like 1.026sg (maybe one of the salties will pipe in and confirm).

My water stays between 1.025 and 1.026 ... of course I buy my water premixed from a LFS that specializes in reef systems, so even though I only have a FOLWER which can be kept at a lower SG, I am content using the premixed reef crystals they offer.

Got my live rock today!! 45lbs of it! Still another 30 to go, but that will probably come tomorrow. So now i just gota get these huge pieces apart some how.

No they werent glued together!! rofl. They are just REALLY big boulder size pieces lol. I went to town on them with a hammer and chisel. Btw.. these rocks are extremely hard for being in water constantly. I tried breaking one of them apart with a regular mallet and couldnt.. so idk about that whole rubbe rmallet thing.. but oh well. The hammer and chisel worked 10x better than i thought.

No they werent glued together!! rofl. They are just REALLY big boulder size pieces lol. I went to town on them with a hammer and chisel. Btw.. these rocks are extremely hard for being in water constantly. I tried breaking one of them apart with a regular mallet and couldnt.. so idk about that whole rubbe rmallet thing.. but oh well. The hammer and chisel worked 10x better than i thought.

Get them pictures posted once all the cloudiness goes away!

Haha, nope, pretty sure they werent at all glued together. And i sure will! once the water clears up. I cant really see much of the rocks because its cloudy so that why i have to wait to do rockwork. But once its starts to clear up to the point that i can see through the water.. ill get started.

Back
Top Bottom