From beginning to End

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Links, I just read the entire 10pages of this thread and I wanted to give you props on the progression. It looks great, keep us posted as you have been doing. Im quite impressed...:eek:

I agree with sharkbait! great work! this build thread is going to be great! keep up the great work! im going to stop saying great now!

Thanks guys!!

Heres an update so far on what has been done. Im adding in the salt mix as we speak. I have the skimmer hooked up, but since the pump is in the water and its really big and annoying i am going to move it around to see where i think it would be hidden the best by the LR when i get LR. Its working perfectly though, just like it should so thats good. I just need to hookup the korlias and i'll be set until i get the LR next week. Also, i left the water line below the black rim so this way when i put the LR in it wont overflow and if i need to add water when im done putting in the LR then ill just do that xD Heres some pics.

a30e3b.jpg

2exy0yv.jpg

2ag2oh.jpg

The lard butt skimmer:
ionjuc.jpg

Thats all for now folks. ;D

Haha secret handshake! This should be fun xD. Also, ya it is sortof a bummer that the pump has to be in the water lol. Im getting a little flustered though and i might be going for the sump idea. Idk why but having this lard butt skimmer in my tank and the filter also is creeping me out. I have enough for a overflow box but i just need to decide on whether or not to do it.

Haha secret handshake! This should be fun xD. Also, ya it is sortof a bummer that the pump has to be in the water lol. Im getting a little flustered though and i might be going for the sump idea. Idk why but having this lard butt skimmer in my tank and the filter also is creeping me out. I have enough for a overflow box but i just need to decide on whether or not to do it.
Oh yes indeed and drill it man do a sump do it do it do itttt! I command you as president of our organization.:silly:

Yeah i know, but i will have to get a overflow box since i has tempered glass. But still, idk though because i have to see if my 20G still leaks or not so i can use it as a sump. Dunno yet. Will let you guys know tho.

Yeah i know, but i will have to get a overflow box since i has tempered glass. But still, idk though because i have to see if my 20G still leaks or not so i can use it as a sump. Dunno yet. Will let you guys know tho.
If it leaks just reseal it I wouldn't even risk it I would just go ahead with resealing.

Yeh i guess. If i do do it, its gonna be alot of cleaning lol. Theres so much **** in that tank its ridiculous

True, i most likely will do it. Probably just a bit later on after i have bought my LR. That is the next thing on my list, so i have to get through that first, then the lighting. Then i will sump it up. ;D

Dang dude your build is going by so much faster than mine xD. I don't even have lighting for my tank!

Well thats only because im blowing all of my paychecks. haha j/k i leave enough for gas xD

Oh, that sucks. I couldnt have done ANY of this if it wasnt for my part time job. :D

I need a real job. Next summer I'm applying to Petsmart and see what happens xD. (Finally! Getting paid to clean tanks!)

I owuld go for a sump if i were you. I think that they are great because they hide your equipment and they give more water volume. Instead of buying a new skimmer hang it on the back of the 20 gallon sump. Save some money.

Back
Top Bottom