From beginning to End

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a 55G so its going to be a 48" I know its friggin huge. And thats why its so much dang money. :/ Bigger the tank, bigger the lighting, bigger the amount of money. gah...

Btw, the site was www.marineandreef.com

Meh, its an alright deal. Ill see if i cant find anything on craigslist or ebay or something. That is a pretty good price only because the shipping is free :p

Nova Extreme Pro is the way to go. When I got mine about 8 months ago I got it from Fish tanks Direct for $345 shipped but that's cause I wheeled and Dealed it with the guy and he was cool... But you are correct about housing any type of Coral you want. Also just and FYI in a reef Tank you want to spend a little more on your Lighting and Skimmer. JMO (y)

You mean more than my current skimmer? I've heard that this one is a great one... Also, yeah i am going with the Nova Extreme Pro.

You have the bak pak right? if so that would work out great for your system I had the same one.

Naw i wound up getting the reef octopus model. They are just about the same tho, just different brand names. Plus, not saying the CPR isnt good or anything, but i went on google and i've seen better reviews about the reef octopus than the CPR. That was the whole reason i went with the octopus than the CPR.

Yep, thats the one i have hooked up the tank not doing anything xD

There both the same just Octo have a better rep than the CPR. But both do a **** of a job.

I don't know if its already been asked somewhere, But (other than original not having a sump) why would someone want a HOB skimmer? Is it only because there is no sump to put one in? I just wasn't sure if somehow HOB were better than in sump skimmers.

Probably a little worse efficiency-wise (if not more than a little), you also don't have as many choices in the type of skimmer (and brand selection for that matter) in the HOB market. Some choose HOB simply because the foot print won't fit under their stand due to height or width considerations.

Not to mention, I have an old Octo HOB that I'm considering hanging off my sump if and when I ever get around to starting this 2nd 90 I have laying around. So you can also throw in cost consideration and re-use into that laundry list.

OH! My bad, i thought you said where. Im moving there because as soon as i get out of college, my parents are moving to their house in FL. I will have no1 to stay with in college. So i figure i move with them and get a job in FL and then move into my own place down there. Plus i want to live in FL anyways.

What part. I am 2 in florida and looking for a reefing buddy as there is none down where i am. We can trade coral frags and stuff.

I also am going for a Nova extreme pro. I am going for a 36 inch though.

What part. I am 2 in florida and looking for a reefing buddy as there is none down where i am. We can trade coral frags and stuff.

I also am going for a Nova extreme pro. I am going for a 36 inch though.

That's exactly the same fixture we use on the new 50. 6x 39W. What size tank are you buying it for? Just curious.

That's exactly the same fixture we use on the new 50. 6x 39W. What size tank are you buying it for? Just curious.

I have a 90 gallon bowfron corner tank that i am buying it for. I am hoping it will look awsome 1 day. It is the first thing you see when you walk in my room. a BIG 90 gallon fish tank. 1 day when i have my own place i would like to upgrade to a 100 gallon. Me and my dreams.:hat:

Back
Top Bottom