Ghost shrimp.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crewless

Aquarium Advice Activist
I didnt know what fourm to put this under but i need to know if ghost shrimp can be placed in a fresh water tank also how much are they and what do i need if i was going to get one or 2 o.o

yes ghost shrimp can be in freshwater tanks. i believe they might only be for fresh water. the ones i get are from that fish place in lancaster,pa. if i remember correctly they are 22 cents a piece. that's the least expensive i've ever found them to be. at petsmart i think they are around 45 cents a piece. they don't need any special care really but you should acclimate them just like you would fish. also when you go to put them in your aquarium make sure to put your hand over the net or they will jump out! and also check the net carefully after you put them in the water. sometimes they get caught and are still in the net. what size tank do you have? you can keep e a few shrimp in a 5, 10 gal. i believe they say 1 shrimp per gal of water. they also can take temperatures that range from 65-80 degrees. good luck!

just found out they can be in brackish water as well but not full salt water.

Thank you for your info and do you have them shiped o.o

no i only live about a half hour away from the store so i pick them up myself. they do have a web site. just google that fish place and it will come up. not sure the shipping would be worth it on such an inexpensive item. with the cost of shipping added to the bill you would probably be better off getting them at your lfs. my local petsmart has them. also google ghost shrimp and you can get all sorts of info on them.

Ya I feed my pair of F8 puffers ghost shrimp and there are always a few that survive the feeding frenzy and hide in between the rocks and plants and they do well ( intel they get hunting down sooner or later ) and thrive really well in the brackish water

Back
Top Bottom