Jester's 90 gallon upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Caught a vid of my fish in action at feeding time, you can see just how aggressive of a feeder my Melanurus Wrasse is (fortunately it's about the only aggression this fish shows).

How did you do the black backing out of interest? Thinking of one here.

Easy. Go to Petsmart or Petco and measure out the rough length of the back of the tank (always overestimate what you need). They have rolls of backing there that are solid black on one side and solid blue on the other. Then make sure it is cut to fit the tank and stick velcro in the 4 corners of the tank behind the tank's corner adhesive (this way you won't see velcro patches from the front of the tank) and roll it out and stick it on. The downsides? If you have a magnetic cleaner you like to use on the back, you will need to remove the backing for cleaning, if your room has ambient lighting from windows it will produce an annoying glare. Honestly, I ended up removing mine since it made the tank so dark. I may try the blue side to see if that is any better, but I really didn't like the look of the darker tank in a room that gets a fair bit of ambient light.

Well, I ended up removing the Yellow Tang due to aggression with my Coral Beauty Dwarf Angel (took a chunk out of it's fin tip and was hitting it with it's scalpel). I added a One Spot Foxface and a Juvie Blue Star Leopard Wrasse. My Melanurus Wrasse isn't happy about the Leopard Wrasse, but overall it seems to be improving slowly, but surely.

No surprise on the tang and cb. Just not enough territory for what they expect in their heads. Some are calmer than others, but I’m not always a fan of chances.
Good luck with the two wrasse. They can work out, but similar issues can arise.

The first couple of weeks were rough as the Melanurus was not happy, but the Leopard Wrasse took it in stride and has been persistent. Occasionally the Melanurus will flare up and they will circle each other once or twice, but that's about it. On that note, here is the Spotlight on the Blue Star Leopard Wrasse:

Apparently no one told my Wrasses that they weren't supposed to eat seaweed:

Back
Top Bottom