Just Sharing some updated pics of my tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AMANIQU77

Aquarium Advice Freak
Here they are.

Bubble Coral
Pachyclavularia sp
Parazonathus gracilis
Xenia elongata
Capnella sp
Green Stripe mushroom
Blue mushroom
Green hairy mushroom
Assorted polyps
Finger leather
Maroon Clown
Blue Hippo Tang
4 Turbo snails
6 tiny blue legged hermit crabs
One million or so copepods :evil:
Two peppermint shrimp

Nitrates zero
Phosphates 0.25
SG 1.025
Calcium 460
kH 350 ppm
pH 8.2
Temp 79 - 81F
Conservative supplementing of Strontium/Molybdenum and Iodine
Purple Up
CUSA Orbit 4x65W PC, Simp[e HOB filters, Prizm skimmer, three powerheads (400 gph, 175 gph, 250 gph)
Biweekly 10G water change.

Spirulina Flakes
Marine Flakes
Phytoplankton
frozen brime and mysis three times a month.

Attachments

• dscf1354_165.jpg
    dscf1354_165.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 163
  • dscf1355_110.jpg
    dscf1355_110.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 102
Tank is looking really nice. As I’m sure you are aware that BHT is going to need a larger tank within the next year or two. Also I’d remove that background personally since it detracts from the “real” corals in front of it :D

Your po4 isn’t that high but I was curious how often/what you feed your fish? Flakes are notorious for causing excessive po4 in a tank which leads to algae blooms. If feeding daily you might want to try every other day but still give your BHT a small 2”-3” nori strip daily on a clip.

I would vary between quality low po4 flakes like Ocean Nutrition Formula one and two or NutraFin Max Marine Flake but mostly feed a good frozen mixture like Marine Cuisine thawed in tank water and rinsed in ro/di before adding to tank.

Do you test for Strontium/Molybdenum and Iodine? I’d stop dosing those if you do not. Just doing a 10% pwc each week will provide all the trace elements your tank needs and overdosing can cause a crash quite quickly. The only thing I dose is a small amount of ca using C-Balance to maintain 400 ppm which I test weekly.

AMANIQU77 said:
One million or so copepods :evil:
As long as it doesn’t get to the point of clouding the water having a TON of pods is never a bad thing. There are tons of fish that would help to get that number down.

Very nice pics! thanks for sharing!

(slid this over to SW Member tanks forum)

tecwzrd said:
Tank is looking really nice.

Thank you. I appreciate that.

tecwzrd said:
As I’m sure you are aware that BHT is going to need a larger tank within the next year or two

Thanks. You should've seen what this tank used to have: Porcupine puffer, red tail file fish, picasso trigger, yellow tang, blue hippo tang, white spotted puffer, long horn cowfish, false percula, and Flame Angel...All at the same time! Nitrates through the roof. I brought it down from that to just maroon clown and Blue Hippo Tang six months ago. I am still working on finding the best offer on my Blue Hippo from LFS. Blue Hippos definitely need minimum six feet long tanks.

tecwzrd said:
Also I’d remove that background personally since it detracts from the “real” corals in front of it

Thanks. I am not particularly attracted to that myself. I'll be looking for great advice on placing long-lasting simple background for an existing tank. I only have about 6 inches of clearance from the wall. I'd be glad to learn from you all.

tecwzrd said:
Do you test for Strontium/Molybdenum and Iodine? I’d stop dosing those if you do not. Just doing a 10% pwc each week will provide all the trace elements your tank needs and overdosing can cause a crash quite quickly

I don't test for those three elements. However, I do make sure that I do half of what was intended on the instructions. Testers coming very soon.

BillyZ said:
Very nice pics! thanks for sharing!

(slid this over to SW Member tanks forum)

Thank you. I appreciate the initiative in moving. I now know there's this awesome showcase from others. Lovin it so far. Thanks a lot, you guys!

AMANIQU77 said:
I'll be looking for great advice on placing long-lasting simple background for an existing tank. I only have about 6 inches of clearance from the wall.
Painting it whatever color you want with paint brush/roller & acrylic paint would be the easiest/attractive solution. If you get tired of the color it’s easy to scrap off and reapply with a different one.

Very nice. I like the idea of painting the back of the tank. I did mine with black and it looks good (biased opinion of course)

Back
Top Bottom