Kevin's 36 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was just wondering if my alkalinity or calcium gets low how much a and b to add just so I know.

Start of very very slow and keep testing so you don't over dose the tank. I don't think you'll need it right now though plus your using reef crystals ;)

Well I'm using reef crystals till I run out then I'm going back to regular io salt. I've got about 3/4 a bucket left of regular io. I started mixing a batch of reef crystals as we speak. Its mixing good just noticed a little bit of kinda like foam on the top not bad probably the extra stuff in the reef crystals? I've seen some bubbles on top of regular salt just not as much as this. Its only been mixing an hour. I'll check salinity before I use it tomorrow :)

I bought some pipettes to spot feed the coral occasionally. The candy cane coral has all its tentacles out. I tried to spot feed a very small amount but when I squirted it it closed up did I do it wrong?

Well I'm using reef crystals till I run out then I'm going back to regular io salt. I've got about 3/4 a bucket left of regular io. I started mixing a batch of reef crystals as we speak. Its mixing good just noticed a little bit of kinda like foam on the top not bad probably the extra stuff in the reef crystals? I've seen some bubbles on top of regular salt just not as much as this. Its only been mixing an hour. I'll check salinity before I use it tomorrow :)

Don't worry about the foam. It happens to me sometimes. Reef crystals have what you need.

I bought some pipettes to spot feed the coral occasionally. The candy cane coral has all its tentacles out. I tried to spot feed a very small amount but when I squirted it it closed up did I do it wrong?

Try going really really gentle. If you squirt it too hard it will close. Try squirting above it with power heads off, let it settle on to the coral rather then blasting it.

Ok I figured out my pics are under attachments and it says I have 20mb worth so when I join I get more space. Only thing I see is you get 25 profile pics to 1000pics

Foam on water
6bhvyyfy.jpg

Ok I don't think that worked I have to figure out how to link pics

Ok so my salt mix is at 1.020 I added more salt now I just gotta wait and check it again.I figured I would wait an hour and retest and then wait another hour and so on. When I get it where I want it I figured I would wait another hour and then do my water change

Ok so my salt mix is at 1.020 I added more salt now I just gotta wait and check it again.I figured I would wait an hour and retest and then wait another hour and so on. When I get it where I want it I figured I would wait another hour and then do my water change

Cool beans, hope the reef crystals work out for ya. That candy cane is cool when It's feeding.

Cool beans, hope the reef crystals work out for ya. That candy cane is cool when It's feeding.

Yeah as soon as the blue lights came on the frogspawn opened up, and the candy cane closed. The frogspawn doesn't close all the way up just about half way at night. My leather shrinks big time at night. Noticed part of it was laying on the rock last night I hope that's ok. The Duncan stays open day and night.

Back
Top Bottom