Kevin's 36 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah as soon as the blue lights came on the frogspawn opened up, and the candy cane closed. The frogspawn doesn't close all the way up just about half way at night. My leather shrinks big time at night. Noticed part of it was laying on the rock last night I hope that's ok. The Duncan stays open day and night.

My leather sometimes will shrink ALOT at night. Pretty much most of my corals go to sleep so to speak when the lights are off. Looks like everything is deflated and they look dead almost. Then bam! Lights on and it's a whole different story.

I was just worried the leather touches the rock when it deflates and it still kinda moves and I was worried rubbing on the rock will hurt it

Ok done 50% pwc on my wifes planted tank and trimmed wysteria way back maybe it will take longer to grow this time lmao
ujpjed63.jpg

Found a fish store in Columbia TN that has green chromis for 6.99 each and they have a rewards card that gives you 10% off. I bought two and they came to $13.74 tax and all. Acclimating them now :)

Can't get a good pic the light shining off them makes them glow toI much. I don't think my clownfish like them they are chasing the clownfish around. Guess they will work it out

kbgthhik.jpg

kwandrsn said:
Found a fish store in Columbia TN that has green chromis for 6.99 each and they have a rewards card that gives you 10% off. I bought two and they came to $13.74 tax and all. Acclimating them now :)

*shock*
Man, I wish there were shops like that around where I live! Nice score.

Yeah I wasn't expecting to find anything there. We have one store about a hour away thatonly deals with fish its cool

I'm noticing my sand is turning kinda pink is that normal? I'm getting brown hairy algae on my sand and back glass as well

The salt mix still looks cloudy guess we will try to do a water change tomorrow

I feel sorry for the goldfish the place had in the things in front of the pet store its in the 20s tonight poor fish. I did see some goldfish that had weird eyes the were sticking out and pointed up... Freaky

Stocking list ideas

Ok so I wasn't planning on getting 2 chromis :)

2 occ clowns
2 blue green chromis

2 spotted cardinals ?
1 six line wrasse ?
1 firefish ?
1 orange spotted goby ?
1 cirinis goby ?

1 cleaner shrimp ?
1 pistol shrimp ?

I seen some weird things I'm sand maybe a Blenny I think they were called instead of one of the gobys just a thought

I'm noticing my sand is turning kinda pink is that normal? I'm getting brown hairy algae on my sand and back glass as well

The salt mix still looks cloudy guess we will try to do a water change tomorrow

My guess is cyano bacteria. I get it on my sand in areas where there is low flow. Your tank looks awesome!! :) I love your blue-green chromis. I can't wait until my tank is cycled. Those are the first thing I'm getting

EDIT!!! I meant to also tell you that you would LOVE a 6 line wrasse. They're great little fish. My brother has one in his 55.

Back
Top Bottom