Kevin's 36 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok so here is a question. Do I have to buy larger shells for my hermit crabs? How do I know when and where can I get them?

I was thinking of doing away with one circulation pump for now and trying to use it on my coralife skimmer its a maxi jet pump so I can convert it to a power head just not sure if it will work. The old pump on the skimmer is a needle wheel pump.

If it works great I'll order another one if not I'll put it back as a circulation pump

What do you guys think?

Ok so here is a question. Do I have to buy larger shells for my hermit crabs? How do I know when and where can I get them?

You can buy larger ones or ask AC if they have some empty ones in their snail and crab tanks. I put some into the tank months ago and a few days ago I noticed one had moved into an empty astria shell.

I was thinking of doing away with one circulation pump for now and trying to use it on my coralife skimmer its a maxi jet pump so I can convert it to a power head just not sure if it will work. The old pump on the skimmer is a needle wheel pump.

If it works great I'll order another one if not I'll put it back as a circulation pump

What do you guys think?

Can't hurt to try it out I guess. See what happens.

Just started reading thread. There is no issue with high Alk. Excessive carbonates and bicarbonates will only cause increased buildup on your pumps. That is the only reason why there is an upper limit.
If your KH is about 12 I would just let it come down naturally. If it hovers around 11, great for your corals.

Just started reading thread. There is no issue with high Alk. Excessive carbonates and bicarbonates will only cause increased buildup on your pumps. That is the only reason why there is an upper limit.
If your KH is about 12 I would just let it come down naturally. If it hovers around 11, great for your corals.

Seems to be staying around the 10-11 range

I'm amusing myself. I'm sitting in front of my tank with my magnetic scrubber and a crown and coke lol

I'm mostly jealous of the crown and coke. I could use one of those right about now. Maybe a jack and coke. Either would be nice. Lol.

I've got about 10 different kinds of whiskey among other liquors. I have two rare whiskeys signed by the master distiller (they won't get drank) I'm not an alcoholic though first alcohol ive had since November lol

Several questions and photos.

First is a worm that I can't id. it is thin kinda clear white and flat sometimes it spits white stuff out of rocks into water makes a real mess

Next purple cottony stuff and a purple stalk with a bubble on tip

A green circle thing with a kinda fan shaped feather on one end

Some of the stuff on sand

My candy cane. One head doesn't look too healthy what can I do?

Several questions and photos.

First is a worm that I can't id. it is thin kinda clear white and flat sometimes it spits white stuff out of rocks into water makes a real mess

http://www.directupload.net

Next purple cottony stuff and a purple stalk with a bubble on tip

A green circle thing with a kinda fan shaped feather on one end

Some of the stuff on sand

My candy cane. One head doesn't look too healthy what can I do?

The stuff on the rocks and sand is Ciano bacteria, they feed off excess phosphate. Over feeding.
The purple stalk type plant is a nuisance, don't pop the bulbs in the tank they will spread. Not sure of the name. Try a razor and cut it off right at the rock.
Not sure of the clear worm, alien life form.
The candy cane may be getting irritated at the purple/red plant rubbing on it.

The candy isn't getting rubbed I'm taking about the head on the bottom left of it. It isn't getting rubbed I'm thinking its cause the light doesn't hit it like the rest. Maybe it will grow into the light ?

Purple bubble thing is too small to grab it without hitting the bubble maybe wait till it gets bigger?

I thought purple on rocks was good?

And as for the worm it makes a, mess and, makes, my water not look clean. The rocks by it look like ashes

The candy isn't getting rubbed I'm taking about the head on the bottom left of it. It isn't getting rubbed I'm thinking its cause the light doesn't hit it like the rest. Maybe it will grow into the light ?

Purple bubble thing is too small to grab it without hitting the bubble maybe wait till it gets bigger?

And as for the worm it makes a, mess and, makes, my water not look clean. The rocks by it look like ashes

Can you remove the worm? That would be my number 1 thought if you don't like how dirty it makes your tank. :)

I'm 21, that's supposed to mean i drink alllll the time. But I did that my first few years of college. Not so much anymore. Lol. I have some collectors bottles of tequila that will only get dusted.

Is the stuff on the rock fuzzy like the stuff on the sand?
Let that plant get bigger then remove it, I had some too. Still have 1 little branch that came back.
Maybe a wrasse would eat the worm. Not sure.

Part of it looks fuzzy. I tried to remove with tweezers I don't know if I got it or not. I noticed a couple bubbles on rocks but not on stalks.

the worm I don't know. Aggravating the water will be nice and clear then white stuff starts coming out of the rocks

The candy cane coral may have gotten damaged in transit or when you attached it in your tank. It should recover unless it got crushed.

The candy cane coral may have gotten damaged in transit or when you attached it in your tank. It should recover unless it got crushed.

It puts out its tentacles at night do I don't know. If it is damaged will it be ok our do I need to cut it off or something

Back
Top Bottom