Kevin's 36 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great news about your job and I see your nitrates are coming down! Just a matter of time before you get them to zero or close to it (as long as you aren't using bio media in the filter). The PO4 could be from the new rock.

Yeah I just wish I had more time to do water changes. Away from the house 15-16 hours a day. Barely have enough time to eat and shower. Probably going to stay on the boat a few days at a time so it's going to be hard

haven't spent much time with my tank... I've got tomorrow off and I start nights wednesday night.

Big water change tomorrow.

Found a mushroom as a hitchhiker on the rock I bought so that brings us to 2 mushrooms, one polythoa polyp and 18 lbs of live rock with 3 or 4 live mussels and various other critters and I paid $55

Going tomorrow to get 2 new corals for $80. a 3" piece of war coral and a huge mushroom rock covered with mushrooms

Ok here is my new coral

had about 7 mushrooms fall off the rock in transport so they will attach somewhere else

The palythoas are not open yet. I just added the coral about 30 minutes ago so I will post new pics when they open up

Not bad for a $100 bill

Also ran my tests
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 20
Ph 8.0
Salt 1.025
Temp 78.4
Kh 10
Calcium 380
Phosphates 0

Added reef code a then decided to do a 15 gallon pwc

REALIZED I'M RUNNING OUT OF ROOM!

Lol, your at the "oh c*#p I should have bought a bigger tank" stage. Nice corals Bro!

Well I cut one of my circulation pumps off. Going to see how one does instead of two and I'm going to start feeding every other day instead of every day. Hopefully that will help with nitrates as well

more circulation is better for gas exchange cutting one off isn't going to help bring down nitrates , how are your phosphates looking

No I'm not cutting it down to lower nitrates lol. I'm cutting back on feeding to help with nitrates.
I'm cutting back flow because I think it will help some of my corals including hob I had over 1200gph in a 36 gallon tank now I have about 700-800gph

Phosphates are back to 0

some of my corals have opened up more with only one pump on

Ok here is a updated pic of my shroom rock... Opening up nicely... I'm sitting here on the boat wishing I was at home sitting on front of my reef tank watching everything... sad part is I miss my tank more than my wife lol... Don't tell her I said that I would never get out of the dog house lol.

I'm bored out of my mind, nights are boring most of the time out here on the boat, I need to bring a fishing pole one night I bet I could catch quite a few

Lol, if she knew you said that you would be in more than the dog house. Shroom rock is looking great! I would definitely wet a line if I were you.

Cool. I would love to work on a boat.

It has it's moments. There are better companies than the one I work for but I got my seniority back when I came back and also I have known the captain of the boat most of my life so he let's me do what I want most of the time

Here is some pics of the hanger I made for the led light I'm getting tomorrow.
About $25 in parts

1 - 2x4
2 - 10' 1/2" emt conduit
1 - 1/2" emt concrete tight coupling
2 - 2 pack eyes w/ nuts
1 - 4 pack S hooks
10' - 3/32" cable
2 - 2 pack cable eye aluminum crimps
1 can black rustoleum

I'm also getting some frozen food from a guy off craigslist for $33

7 packs brine shrimp
3 packs baby brine shrimp