Kevin's 36 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok well I done a pwc this morning nitrates are about 5-10, I hate api's nitrate kit hard for me to see the difference in color. My leather has been doing better the past two days
The cloudiness of the water is a little better

Glad your trates are down.
I'll be running my tests soon. My water is incredibly clear today.

yeah its getting there. Hopefully in the next few days it'll get back to being clear. I still want to get my nitrates lower. but I'm gonna wait a bit. My leather is doing better

Yeah I'm happy with how things have gone. Just wish I wouldn't have rinsed my filtera in tap water lol. I used 4 gallons of tap water on my water change today :-( I know you don't have to tell me. I treated it heavily with tap water conditioner so hopefully that will help I don't think I'll have any problems doing it once.

I have noticed the pump I'm using to mix the salt heats the water up to the point I don't have to use a heater. It gets warmer than my tank water

Thinking of shutting off one of my power heads for a day. My clownfish stay on one side and on top above the direct flow. The do get in the flow some but they mainly stick to the same spots I would like to see them use the whole tank

Also one is turning epileptic which is good they sorting things out lol.
Just funny to watch he kinda goes sideways and starts twitching lol

Its fun watching them, one swims to the corner front and gets caught by the flow and it looks like he is up against the bow front but it isn't and is swims like heck trying to get to the other side. And the other swims and gets blown across the tank almost and spins around and acts like its gonna attack the pump... Retards

Yeah I'm happy with how things have gone. Just wish I wouldn't have rinsed my filtera in tap water lol. I used 4 gallons of tap water on my water change today :-( I know you don't have to tell me. I treated it heavily with tap water conditioner so hopefully that will help I don't think I'll have any problems doing it once.

I have noticed the pump I'm using to mix the salt heats the water up to the point I don't have to use a heater. It gets warmer than my tank water

Thinking of shutting off one of my power heads for a day. My clownfish stay on one side and on top above the direct flow. The do get in the flow some but they mainly stick to the same spots I would like to see them use the whole tank

Also one is turning epileptic which is good they sorting things out lol.
Just funny to watch he kinda goes sideways and starts twitching lol

Haha ok I won't say anything about the tap water. I notice with my clowns they tend to stay in the same spot also. I just got use to it and I'm sure you will too.

As for the power head heating up the tank, it could happen, the wet side houses the motor, one reason why I like the MP10 :cool:

Just be careful shutting pumps off, if things like corals get use to things and you change them it could upset things. But I think your FOWLR so you'll be fine.

Your running nano pumps?

I've got one leather frag

Hydor evolution 550gph
Maxi jet 500gph
Power filter w/ surface skimmer 225gph

I'll leave them alone then

And I don't mind mixing pump heating up the water keeps me from needing a heater to mix lol
Its a, needle wheel pump all I know is it says g500 it was on the skimmer I don't use cause it was too noisy

Back
Top Bottom