Kevin's 36 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm glad nobody got hurt. Been busy working, sorry I haven't been able to give much advice.

Checked everything.
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 10
pH 8.0
Temp 78.4
Specific Gravity 1.025

Noticed green leafy plant things are turning brown

Good morning fishies, my water is pretty clear now, I wonder why... Oh wait I didn't rinse my filters in tap water :) I am so happy that mistake is corrected now lol. Me and the hydroids are going to war. I got my flac jacket and kevlar helmet on and my magnetic scrubber loaded... lol I don't care where they go just stay off my front glass you buggers... Attack.... Sorry I'm bored.

Lfs told me to run carbon from time to time to keep water clear. And feedback on this anyone? If so how often and for how long I figured if I do I'll put it in one slot behind my phosphate removing pad... Good idea?

I'm trying to get ahold of someone that I talked to last week about buying some pulsating xenia and cabbage leather corals for $5 each
Gonna buy at least 2 of each the only issue is its almost a 2 hr trip one way

Ok the person with the $5 coral is a high school student so I can't pick it up till the weekend... I don't know if should buy them, I don't know nothing about propagating coral to tell if it was done right

Its official I hate Walmart. I called yesterday and they said they have cases of distilled water. Drove 20 minutes, they didn't. They told me they had a truck this morning and said they would hold 10 cases for me. Drive there and guess what.they didn't hold them. Asked for the empty boxes and I would get them off the shelf and was told they already crushed them. Errr.

Ok here are my new additions
The candy has 8 heads if you count each center eye thingy lol.

The Duncan keeps closing up
Does it look like toI much current
If so I can't move the rock its glued to

You picked up some nice frags my man. That Duncan will open real nice in a day or 2. They don't like carpet surfing. Lol.

You picked up some nice frags my man. That Duncan will open real nice in a day or 2. They don't like carpet surfing. Lol.

Thank you Tony, yeah lesson learned

The Duncan opens up a little then retracts

When do you think I should put the reef chilli in?

Thank you Tony, yeah lesson learned

The Duncan opens up a little then retracts

When do you think I should put the reef chilli in?

Give them a couple days. Watch for the feeding tentacles on the candy cane. The Duncan will eat your finger if you let it. He likes the frozen food.

The flake stick to him and then it looks like he stuffed his tentacles into his mouth. That's cool

IMG_0369.JPG

I think one box of the salt may be bad it looks moist and kinda, looks like it has some mold spots. I don't know if I should try it or not

The flake stick to him and then it looks like he stuffed his tentacles into his mouth. That's cool

I think one box of the salt may be bad it looks moist and kinda, looks like it has some mold spots. I don't know if I should try it or not

Yeah the Duncan is entertaining!
Toss the bad box of salt. Best not to chance it.

I checked and all 3 look kinda moist. I think I'll try it and just test it and see. I'll remove black spots in the one. Its not hard it just isn't powdery like the salt I've got now.

the only issue I think I would have is it not dissolving right only one way to tell

I checked and all 3 look kinda moist. I think I'll try it and just test it and see. I'll remove black spots in the one. Its not hard it just isn't powdery like the salt I've got now.

the only issue I think I would have is it not dissolving right only one way to tell

Give it a whack and let me know.
I'd do a calcium and KH test before and after pwc since it may be different. It shouldn't be but better safe than sorry. The same company makes them both.

Give it a whack and let me know.
I'd do a calcium and KH test before and after pwc since it may be different. It shouldn't be but better safe than sorry. The same company makes them both.

Yeah I made a thread asking for opinions. I don't see any issues. the reef crystals should raise my calcium. Its got extra stuff in it

Back
Top Bottom