Kevin's 36 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It will remain one of your favorites, its a very cool coral. I'm glad you got one.

Anything that can grab food from me and eat it interests me.
heck my clownfish are spoiled they attack my hand as soon as it goes in the water. Heck in order to give the flake to the Duncan I had to push them out of my way lol.

Anything that can grab food from me and eat it interests me.
heck my clownfish are spoiled they attack my hand as soon as it goes in the water. Heck in order to give the flake to the Duncan I had to push them out of my way lol.

Lol, that's pretty funny!
On a different note, you should research DIY rock. It has to be cheaper and maybe you can make some cool caves and formations.

I don't know when I'll be there
Wife is throwing a fit about the saltwater aquarium costing us too much money

My wife threw a huge fit when she saw the credit card bill when i started my tank lol. The next morning i woke up and she had a list of fish she wanted and some corals. Crazy is all i have to say lol.

Ok so I have another thread about coral and have been told that all the coral,I have is photosynthetic and that feeding will cause a problem with algae

Ok so I have another thread about coral and have been told that all the coral,I have is photosynthetic and that feeding will cause a problem with algae

The minuscule amount of reef chili you feed them every 3 days shouldn't cause any water quality issues. Your doing a weekly pwc now. The Duncan will eat whatever touches It's tentacles at regular feeding times for the fish. Just don't overdo it and you will be fine.

The minuscule amount of reef chili you feed them every 3 days shouldn't cause any water quality issues. Your doing a weekly pwc now. The Duncan will eat whatever touches It's tentacles at regular feeding times for the fish. Just don't overdo it and you will be fine.

when I feed the fish flakes I hand feed them mostly. When I feed frozen I just dump it in after its thawed.

I fed the Duncan a flake again, I probably should stop doing that lol. I just find it amusing. Only issue is my clownfish get in it while I'm trying to sick a flake to it they think its for them lol but I don't guess the Duncan can hurt the fish

when I feed the fish flakes I hand feed them mostly. When I feed frozen I just dump it in after its thawed.

I fed the Duncan a flake again, I probably should stop doing that lol. I just find it amusing. Only issue is my clownfish get in it while I'm trying to sick a flake to it they think its for them lol but I don't guess the Duncan can hurt the fish

I hope it can't hurt them. It will grab the frozen food mainly. It's dispersed into the water better. I would turn the filter off when feeding the chili and marine cuisine.

Todays pics

Attachments

• IMG_0379.JPG
    IMG_0379.JPG
    119.1 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0378.JPG
    IMG_0378.JPG
    154.5 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0376.JPG
    IMG_0376.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0372.JPG
    IMG_0372.JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0377.JPG
    IMG_0377.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 55
Everything is looking great my friend. You're on your way to a spectacular reef.

Ok a little confused now

Bought a KH test kit and a Calcium test kit. a little different than my other test kits I'm used to color charts but I think this is where I am at
KH took about 10 drops so it says 179 I'm gonna round and say 180
Is this where I need to be?
Calcium took about 18 drops so its 400 is this where I want to be?

I bought reef code A & B so how do I need to dose and when should I dose ect

My other stuff
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 10-20
Ph 8.2 this confused me a bit because it has been 8.0
Temp 78.4
Specific gravity 1.024

Ok a little confused now

Bought a KH test kit and a Calcium test kit. a little different than my other test kits I'm used to color charts but I think this is where I am at
KH took about 10 drops so it says 179 I'm gonna round and say 180
Is this where I need to be?
Calcium took about 18 drops so its 400 is this where I want to be?

I bought reef code A & B so how do I need to dose and when should I dose ect

My other stuff
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 10-20
Ph 8.2 this confused me a bit because it has been 8.0
Temp 78.4
Specific gravity 1.024

Here's a good read.

http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-05/rhf/index.php

Everything looks good. pH will change believe it or not depending on when you test. Also maybe more surface agitation has raised it. It's not at a bad level.

Calcium is fine IMO.

NitrAtes I like to keep as little as possible. .05 is what I usually test at. My alkalinity is usually 12 I'd say yours is in the good range.

You shouldn't need to dose anything just yet. I went a whole year with dosing nothing. After my corals started taking off I dosed B-ionic 2 part.

The lowest I've gotten my nitrates is 10 what brand test do you check yours with?

API kit says it gives readings 4.4 times higher than other kits

you said your kh is 12 mine is 10 I was listing it as the ppm reading

Back
Top Bottom