Kyle's 35G cube build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Roger that. Just playing catch up on this build. Nitrite is an odd creature...sometimes we don't even see it at all when we are testing for it. It is a good start so far.

I got a sump and I just added pure ammonia to my tank

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Welcome aboard! I should have a very small colony of BB. I put in one rock to seed the tank and sump. I'll put up some pictures.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407983598.344766.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407983616.535908.jpg

That's just a temporary light

I need some help finding a skimmer

I was looking for a reef Octopus brand, and I'll have to measure when I get home to double check. Also, while I got ya, think the kessil light is good?

Haha I'm probably the biggest fan of kessil lighting on this forum! I love my a150w over my tank. The shimmer is awesome and my corals colors pop

Haha I'm probably the biggest fan of kessil lighting on this forum! I love my a150w over my tank. The shimmer is awesome and my corals colors pop

So, I got the right person! I was looking at the kessil 360 on BRS. Think it would grow whatever I want?

So, I got the right person! I was looking at the kessil 360 on BRS. Think it would grow whatever I want?

For sure. You won't be disappointed

For sure. You won't be disappointed

Are they dimmable to where I can set them on a natural daylight and moonlight pattern?

Yes they're dimmable but you may need a controller to set them on a cycle.

Yes they're dimmable but you may need a controller to set them on a cycle.

Gotcha! I'll probably pick up the Apex Jr. Those controllers need computers right?

Gotcha! I'll probably pick up the Apex Jr. Those controllers need computers right?

Yes I believe so. You're set for controllability then :)

Ahhhh, I don't have a laptop but I have a desktop. If I can set it up on that and then hook it up, I'll do it. Or I'll just get my bud to help me. Think I'll order the kessil 360 tonight off BRS. Maybe the controller next week. Need to start looking for a skimmer.

Is there really a huge difference between the 360 and the 350 kessil?

I don't think the 350 is controllable

Just checked the cycle and we're now seeing a rise in nitrites! It's up to about .5

I accidentally got the Kessil Narrow instead of wide. It covers 18" and my tank is 20" on all sides.

Cool build, just caught myself up. My reef keeper doesn't need a computer but it is easier to do so. If you arn't looking for the wifi capability I would go with the reef keeper or reef keeper lite.

Back
Top Bottom