Kyle's 35G cube build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KPhilly

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Starting my build! I'm open to any suggestions!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406864497.087347.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406864513.403387.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407024241.683491.jpg
Just finished my rock work!

2 suggestions, get some aquarium epoxy to secure the rocks and give yourself about an inch between the rocks and glass to give yourself some room to clean.

2 suggestions, get some aquarium epoxy to secure the rocks and give yourself about an inch between the rocks and glass to give yourself some room to clean.

Gotcha! You can't really tell but I've got it all bonded together and I pressed it firmly from different angles to make sure it was together good. She didn't budge! And I've got about an inch all the way around! ?

Just make sure you have enough room to scrape coralline off the sides. Don't want to end up like me with a viewing side that looks like this lol
UNJifGa.jpg

Just make sure you have enough room to scrape coralline off the sides. Don't want to end up like me with a viewing side that looks like this lol
UNJifGa.jpg

Haha! Doesn't look that bad!

What lighting are you using?

Sweet! Looks like a great light. Any idea on stock or what type of reef you want?

Ah, man! Love that light! Built in programmable dimmers! As far as stock, haven't quite figured out. I know I'll more than likely get skunk cleaner shrimp, a few electric blue hermit crabs, and maybe an emerald crab or two. Thought about a goby, pair of clowns, wrasse or two, with a few Damsels. I wanna grow just about whatever I decide to.

Sounds like you have a good idea where the tank is going :)

Sounds like you have a good idea where the tank is going :)

For the most part, I hope! Been filling up my tank and then I'll start the cycle!

Woo let the wait begin!!!

Gonna hold off on mixing salt and dosing ammonia. My refractometer comes in tomorrow and I need to get a test kit this weekend. I'll start the cycle this weekend.

So I've ran into a problem because I got so focused on everything else that I forgot to even do this. All my water is in and rock with sand but I forgot to add anything to break the siphon during a power outage. Any ideas on what to do here?

Can your sump not handle the water?

Back
Top Bottom