Lets see some BIG tank photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lol they sure would love to eat all your tasty corals . One thing to know about emperors is they are extremely territorial just like most pomacanthus . Mine rules the tank for the most part .

I love all of these tanks! I'm getting a 10 gal. Saltwater soon, probably FOWLER, I assume. And then for Christmas, a large tank; probably 49 gal. but hopefully 55-60, that'd be amazing.

My 135g tank with 40g sump
img_2679997_0_2c640151ec00b15341341235e8cb0a36.jpg
[/IMG]
img_2679997_1_acff3ccdee887bac0401bfb74987f2d7.jpg
[/IMG]

I hope you get started. Just be patient with it. :)
I have a question for you. As your tanks seem pretty great, I assumed you'd be a great person to ask. I'm buying pre-mixed saltwater, with all of the correct levels and such, but do I still need to cycle?

I have a question for you. As your tanks seem pretty great, I assumed you'd be a great person to ask. I'm buying pre-mixed saltwater, with all of the correct levels and such, but do I still need to cycle?

Yes. A tank cycles continuously thru its life span. A saltwater tank goes thru a process that at first spikes various nitrogen levels that will kill live stock. That can be reduced by some store bought concoctions, but nothing works better IMO than letting nature take her course. You will go thru all the various changes a tank goes thru as it establishes bacterial loads and the cycling spikes grow smaller in magnitude. Fish only tanks are easier as fish can accept water that would kill corals. But even with fish, the better the water quality, the less algae and the healthier the fish.

Just never had the gumption to change them. I`m a LPS and soft corals person anyway.

Back
Top Bottom