Matt's 700 Gallon Natural Sunlight System

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i need you to come build my live rock area in my little *** 55 lol.

img_1146370_0_4b642f067021a01e0fe64d4522fd7de5.jpg

i own a 210g saltwater aquariam

Cool story bro.

Anyways, Matt, this tank looks awesome. Not a fan of natural sunlight only because i think synthetic lighting looks better on aquariums, but this tank pulls it off extremely well. Can't wait to see the sump, and what this beast will look like in a couple years.

STE, From masa. Didnt know you'd be here.

Amazing tank. Simple.

Yeah this was the first site I stumbled across a good 5-6 years ago.

Then found MASA a few years later. I find MASA to be more appropriate being from Australia and all but still around here :grin:

It was good just getting back to litres and degrees celsius :p

Yeah this was the first site I stumbled across a good 5-6 years ago.

Then found MASA a few years later. I find MASA to be more appropriate being from Australia and all but still around here :grin:

It was good just getting back to litres and degrees celsius :p

Yeah this was the first site i found too! And about the litres and degrees celsius, Haha, Im with you.

Mitch, I think masa was hard to get use to at the start.. but now that im use to it, its fine. So much information there!

so how many AUD's did you spend on this set up.

1 US Dollar = 1.09820 Australian Dollar
1 Australian Dollar (AUD) = 0.91058 US Dollar (USD)

and i am super envious at your tank

how much reinforcing did you have to do to the floor. or is this sitting on a concrete floor? i mean thats close to 5800 pounds i mean 3 tons is alot lol.

Think about it like this....In his picures I see 6 vortec controlers...$444US per head......don't ask how muck he spent on the rest of it;)

How do you not have dead spots with all the powerheads on one end? When I'm finished (if I ever get to start) with my build I don't want to see powerheads so my plan is to not use them at all. I'm hoping that I can get enough flow with the return pump and the closed loop.

look up vortec mp40 on youtube. ya need 1 for a 90, I am going to put 2 in my 120. the motor is on the outside of the glass so all that is in the tank is the propeller and the guard.

Post your parameters please, then we can really tell whats going on...jk

Great looking tank. I'd be sooo far in debt with a tank that big...

Words can't describe your beautiful tank. I love your lighting. Custom, I bet. It's neat and clean looking without the glare of the strip lighting. Super. When you were doing the close up your fish couldn't wait to get on camera. Showoffs! Again, super.

I'm wondering where you have this tank. I'd have to add on another room to accommodate such a giant rig.

If you look at it it's kinda like a divider between two rooms. My grandparents had a similar thing (smaller but the same principle). Matt what are the dimensions? In metric, so you can feel at home. ;)

I'm trying to hold myself back for awhile now, It's all about the MONEY !
I always liked the Bugatti EB550 $1.7 Million for the base model, back in my youngster day's often dreamed once I won on the lottery that is the car I'll drive to the grocery store :)

The bottom line is many of us would have beautiful tanks like this if we can afford it !

Showoff.

Back
Top Bottom