Matt's 700 Gallon Natural Sunlight System

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You mentioned having water delivered, do you mix the water or is it premixed? Im assuming RODI? Just curious. Im fascinated with the care of a tank this large. New fish is amazing!

So working my way through it all.

Mounted powerbars to some ply and then secured them to the cladding underneath the work bench. Still need to cable tie some of the longer cords to tidy up but overall happy with the outcome.

img_1168947_0_c5f3a3eb8df2fc7b9316d1c77dac4a3c.jpg

Closed in the electrics, really happy with how much space is available now.

img_1168947_1_8edca1fb98567e98c3affc037bf75304.jpg

Skimmer is going great, this is it's third collection now. Emptied it yesterday for the 2nd time.

img_1168947_2_c797553a5578842b0208d08b48dd7691.jpg

A change is coming...... Time to pull the finger out and start the SPS frenzy!

On an LPS note I got some acans to see if Emperor takes a liking to them. Guess what....?

img_1168947_3_97ab2317b81ac703e3e4643ea3977541.jpg

They are still kicking :roflmao: I love my Emperor

I like videos, here's the gang at afternoon dessert. This time on a clip. Watch the trigger wait for his time to shine. I love him to bits.

Love the new fish! He/she is great. And all the room to grow.

You said you get natural sea water.... What are the parameters of that water?

Every time i look at this thread I want to tell you that tank get more and more beautiful every time i see it. The other side of that is i hate you more and more out of extreem jealousy. I want and achilles tang so bad but i just don't think i could provide a happy home for it in something as small as my 90 so i am forced to live through your tank.

Love the new fish! He/she is great. And all the room to grow.

You said you get natural sea water.... What are the parameters of that water?

Phopshate - 0.02 - 0.06 depedant on tides, recent rains etc
Calcium - 400-450
Alk - 6.5-7.5
Salinity 1.024-27

Don't really test anything else.

Every time i look at this thread I want to tell you that tank get more and more beautiful every time i see it. The other side of that is i hate you more and more out of extreem jealousy. I want and achilles tang so bad but i just don't think i could provide a happy home for it in something as small as my 90 so i am forced to live through your tank.

Yeah they are beautiful fish! Hope he gets a little bigger though!

Wow those pictures are amazing! I didn't realize you had a trigger in there too. Is that a Blue Jaw? How well does he/she (looks like a female) behave?

Wow those pictures are amazing! I didn't realize you had a trigger in there too. Is that a Blue Jaw? How well does he/she (looks like a female) behave?

Its a male as indicated by the yellow trimming and blue throat. Females are pretty bland when it comes to the Bluethroats. :hugs:

Great pics! Must have just fed them. Bellies all so full.

Nope, they are just fatties :D

If it was not for people like you some people would not dream of things like this and have a reason to try one better.:)

Back
Top Bottom