My 125G SW tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What is this inside the square ?
I know the one on the right is aiptasia, on the left Xenia...

dscn07691.jpg

hmm, looks kinda like a single head of some sort of polyp like a zoa or something..

Anyone have spited anemone, I'm really tempted to split mine for 4, than sale 3 and keep one for myself.
Questions: Its safe to put them back to the same tank ? Do the need their Clown Fish while they are healing ? How long takes to heal ?
Have you split anemone yourself ? What was the mortality rate ?
Better to split in two or on bigger guy four ?

YouTube - Flowerseller shows how to split a RBTA anemone

Any input on my anemone ?
Start to terrorize everyone, had to move and split my only Acropora.

Never had the courage to split it, Finlay split last night.
Just after the main light turned off, couldn't make any picture, camera battery was dead and iphone camera couldn't see anything .

Here is a picture from this morning.

img0589p.jpg

Well now you just going to have two that will move around and sting coral, and still get bigger lol. I would sell them both IMO

Yes, I'm planing to sell/donate the bigger one after I can see both doing well.

Gorgeous. Just awesome... so colorful I LOVE it! Looks like a lot of hard work went into this tank. How long has it been established?

How long has it been established?
I think 2008/08 when I started, the first year was a challenge for me, couldn't wait, always rushing nature :), changed critical setup every month....
Now I try to plan months ahead, running inventory and activity journal, finally I really enjoy working with it daily.:rolleyes:

New addition

Haven't had many luck with Xenia or SPS corals in the past, since most of my fish died due to power failure, bio load are allot smaller now :whistle:
New addition's close to 1 week old, both looks fine and healthy, so far :flowers:

The fist picture does not really fit here, just don't want to start a new thread to show of with my turtle :D

img1034wf.jpg

img1040w.jpg

img1044wz.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom