My 125G SW tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm guessing you referring to the video I would like to have :)
Check the video "csaba911" that is my tank, the first one is Matts.

I have 400w Hamilton and 2x 54T5

Its done.
Will upload a pic once the dust settle.
Found 1 Peppermint, 38 Hermit and 28 snail, probably there is a few more hided in the rocks and sand.
After some torture finally managed to net the trigger, put him in a 5G bucket of tank water and 2 small rock, then a phone call..... the stupid get in to the rock and not noticing I just put the rocks back in the tank.
Now his back again...
There is no way I can net him unless I setup some kind of trap.

There is a huge mess in the FRoom, better go clean up :)

Here are the latest pictures from the new LW arrangement's, also moved about 25lb to the sump, and ~10lb to my 20G water conditioner bucket.
Water chemistry levels are great, nothing died or lost :D.
Ordered 10 new frags from fragalot.ca, any one have dealt with this guys ?
Their photos are look great.
This is my first mail order for live stock, how do you acclimate your mail order live stock ?
When ever I purchase from the local store usually in my tank in 20-30min.

dezso:

wdscn0097.jpg

wdscn0114.jpg

wdscn0113.jpg

wdscn0127.jpg

Update on the Algae project:
Wow this thing grow extremely slowwwww, yesturday reduced the water flow down to 1/4, hope that's help.
Running 3 light now all different light brand to see if any area develops better then the other.

dscn0133f.jpg

In my opinion, it's not only about an amount of time to acclimate. Gotta consider the likely difference in the mail water and the home water the new livestock is going to. Might be a larger dif than that water coming from the lfs. Overnight to a day and half in a bag. Just wondering what the ph dif would be.

I guess I'm suggesting a slower acclimation. Scientifically I can't tell you why. I'm sure someone will. :)

I dont think frags will be too big of a deal to acclimate. Its live stock that you have to be careful with. I bought a bubble anemone from live aquaria.com. They said to let it sit in tank for 30 min then add water from tank to bag every 10 or 15 min. Anemone has since split in two! I just made a slow acclimation "kit". An air tube with a valve to slow drip water into a bucket. That is how you are suppose to acclimate live stock (so my research shows).

Algae growing on the back glass but not where I want them :mad:

wdscn0080.jpg

dscn0150w.jpg

dscn0157h.jpg

dscn0156e.jpg

dscn0155.jpg

I wonder why I don't get a big slump of algae in 3 week, like some of the guys show in one of the other forum ?

My yellow eyed Kole tang keeps my back glass algea free. You have a nice looking tank.

Anyone from this group has built one of this Algae Grover nitrate remover?
For some unknown reason mine does not grow green algea at all.
That thin layer of green algae is slownly turning in to red slime.
My nitrate level has not droped at all, intead I see a slight incrase.
20G waterchange every week now to keep the nitrate level in control but is does not keep the 0-5 level.
All coral and fish healty and growing, in the reefugeum the bugs and some type of green bubly plant growing and spreading.
How could I make this work ?
My calcium @ 500
nitrate @5-15
phosphate @ the second color in the colorchart" not zerro"
ph @ 8.3
amonia @ 0
linght in the display on for 9hr, in the sump 24 hr
water comes from RO filter membrane is 3 month old,
tested the water for nitrate and phosphate both "0"
:confused:

I'm making one.
This one beter be working, not like the algae scrabber.
Will post some pictures tonight.

The Denitrifying coil is up and running, of course no change in the water parameters.
Gravity feed would not start for me, so I hoked up to a small 50G/Hr pump.

Question: Do you guys use Polyester Filter Fiber or Coarse Bio Foam in the first chamber of the refugium / sump ? How about bio balls, do you use them how often do you clean them ? Have you ever replaced the foam or the fiber's ?

I have to get to the root of my nitrate problem.

dezso:

phosphate @ the second color in the colorchart" not zerro"
Are you running any GFO (granular ferric oxide) to remove the phosphate? What brand test kit are you using?
Question: Do you guys use Polyester Filter Fiber or Coarse Bio Foam in the first chamber of the refugium / sump ? How about bio balls, do you use them how often do you clean them ? Have you ever replaced the foam or the fiber's ?
In my current setup, I have no mechanical filtration (as in sponges, filter pads/bags, etc) at all. On my old setup, I used bioballs and in the 15+ yrs that system was running, I never took them out to clean them, but I did have a sponge on the overflow and that was cleaned every few days.
I have to get to the root of my nitrate problem.
What brand test kit are you using?
How many fish are in the tank?
How often and what do you feed?
Do you have a skimmer and what brand?

Back
Top Bottom