My 125G SW tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dezso

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello

This is my first SW tank, Stand, lighting Refugium is home made.
Like it a way is it now, cant afford to add anything else, I do about 20G water change from RO water every 2 week. I don't know why but my beautiful red and purple algae faded over the months, this tank running for 13mo, have 400w MH for 5hr/day and 150 HO T5 for 7hr/day.

Day4

dscn8712large.jpg

Day30
dscn8773.jpg

Day67
dscn8834s.jpg

A few day later with the new light and better camera lighting.
dscn8865copy.jpg

March 01-2009

dscn9002.jpg

And the latest picture from today, this one is from my iPhone's Camera :(

iphone2109.jpg

Csaba

Wow thats a very nice tank. Wonderful livestock you have in that tank.

Thank you guy for the feedback, currently looking for a small army of
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Berghia nudibranchs to get rid of my [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Aiptasia[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]'s.
Friend of my give me about 15lb of rock which ruined everything, any one here can point to the direction where can I find some here in Canada ?

Thanks

[/SIZE][/FONT]http://www.berghia.net/

After they eat the aipatasia, what will you feed them? If I recall correctly, they are referred to as "Aiptasia Eating Nuidbranch" and only eat aiptasia and will starve to death after they eat all the aiptasia. Not a good/humane choice IMO. Try injecting lemon juice or boiling water into thier stalk, or try to get your hands on pickling lime and use that method.

1-I know a few SW guy looking for them also, once I'm done with them will give it to the local store or try to make a tread for it.
2-I have so many now, since I was trying other method this guys will have food for a long time.
3-Some one told me to keep a few aiptasia in the sump until I can sell or find a new place for them.
4-even the aiptasia-x will not get rid of the 100% since many of them are hiding in places where I can't get them.

Dezso

Copper banded butterflys, Peppermint shrimp, and aptasia eating filefish are easier to find than the nudibranches and all of those eat aptasia.

Aqua_Web_Cam

Hello

Just installed a new light mover for my 400w MH light, it's home made and want to be sure it will not fail or fall in to my tank will I'm at work.
After a few minute of searching found a totally free application for my normally unused web-cam :D
Check it out, it will be up for a few more days.

http://dezso.hobby-site.com/

dezso

Most from friends who just want my to get started, and about 30lb from mail order from Lloydminister if you know where is it!

IF you referring to the beautiful purple coral on the rock's most are gone :eek:, they coming back slowly.

My kenya tree are dropping branches all over, now I have at least 17 of them, now If I see one more Is going down :rolleyes:.
If they grow up like the other 3, it will cover my entire tank.
Also my Xenia are moving or at least 2 of them are attached to a different rock and slowly separating from the old one.
Wonder whats going on...
Water great....
Calcium as always, HIGH 560~
Maybe the moving light ?

Steve

Well done! In the first pics your sand looks clumpy almost like cylinders. Is that just the way it settled or it a special kind. It looks cool though.

Back
Top Bottom