My 25 Gal Nano Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
As of right now my tank is on its 2nd week of cycle my ammonia has spiked and is being converted to nitrites and I already have around 15 nitrates. I am new to saltwater as this is my first tank but have been doing lots of research to do it right. Later I am going to have a HOB fuge and maybe get a Blue Mandarin if I can get one that excepts prep foods, I am in no rush to get one and one be getting one till I can properly care for one.

Stock List:
McCosker's Flasher Wrasse
2x Osc Clowns
Royal Gramma Basslet
Mindas Blenny

Equipment:
300 Watt Fluval heater
Aquaclear 70 Filter
Korilia 425
Korilia 750
Coralife 4bulb T5HO with Moon Lights

I have 35lbs of Live Sand, 14lbs of Live Rock, 20lbs of Marco Base Rock.

Heres a Picture however it was taken right after I added 15lbs of live sand so its a big murky also this was taken with the double bright that's on it now because I don't have the t5ho yet. Behind the purple rock is another swimming area that I think the fish will like and be able to swim throught alot of the tank and my corals wont be displayed like the "Fruit stands" that I read about.
img_1675113_0_737595283222bea089a18f90c93d310f.jpg

Looks and sounds very good! Definatly hold off on that mandarin for awhile, but i assume you know that. Oh, what do you mean by fruit stands?

Looks and sounds very good! Definatly hold off on that mandarin for awhile, but i assume you know that. Oh, what do you mean by fruit stands?

I stacked all my rock up along my back wall in a line and that is called the Fruit stand look because when you put corals on it it looks like a fruit stand from all the different colors.

And thats somthing ypu dont want to fo? Either way, i like the scape. The free swim room looks like its in the back, wont it be harder to see the fish?

Most of the free swim is out front theres just a small pocket that is behind it and its fine if they go back there they wont always be back in there. No I dont want the fruit stand because I read its not as pleasing to the eye and more difficult to make a focal point in the tank.

Looks good man. Fish sounds alright, but imo pushing it with that wrasse.

Scape looks good as well. I am a fan of different looking tanks, and not cookie cutter rock work :) What kind of reef tank are you shooting for?

Moved the rock out away from the side so I can clean the glass, also added 15lbs of sand to give a deeper sand bed and i like it much better. I fang catch this darn crab however. He ate all my bait last night but escaped.

Picked up my 2 clowns today, got some tank bread ones so they are very friendly. The guy thought they were probably a pair one is much larger then the other and they hang out together in the tank all the time. My tank fished cycling yesterday and all seems well. I got my new Coralife 24inch bulb bulb fixture with moonlight and so far I really like it, very bright, has reflectors and fans. Also got my Korilia 750 today so now the tank has a 750 and a 425 in it instead of the single 1050. Also put a star-polyp frag in the tank along with some sort of soft coral that Im not 100% sure on what it is but they seem to be doing well and really loving the new light and more balanced water movement. will post some updated pictures soon.

As of right now my tank is on its 2nd week of cycle my ammonia has spiked and is being converted to nitrites and I already have around 15 nitrates. I am new to saltwater as this is my first tank but have been doing lots of research to do it right. Later I am going to have a HOB fuge and maybe get a Blue Mandarin if I can get one that excepts prep foods, I am in no rush to get one and one be getting one till I can properly care for one.

Stock List:
McCosker's Flasher Wrasse
2x Osc Clowns
Royal Gramma Basslet
Mindas Blenny

Equipment:
300 Watt Fluval heater
Aquaclear 70 Filter
Korilia 425
Korilia 750
Coralife 4bulb T5HO with Moon Lights

I have 35lbs of Live Sand, 14lbs of Live Rock, 20lbs of Marco Base Rock.

Heres a Picture however it was taken right after I added 15lbs of live sand so its a big murky also this was taken with the double bright that's on it now because I don't have the t5ho yet. Behind the purple rock is another swimming area that I think the fish will like and be able to swim throught alot of the tank and my corals wont be displayed like the "Fruit stands" that I read about.
img_1688281_0_737595283222bea089a18f90c93d310f.jpg

Nice, I really like the rockscape!

I am having a Diatom bloom due to my aquarium is new, what can I do to help this? idk if my tank is far enough along yet to keep inverts in good shape. its been cycled for about a week now so idk how inverts would do. I also am wondering if i should keep my lights on, turn them off, or what.

I usually let diatoms burn themselves out, and keep the lights out for the most part. Then after that I check my levels and if the ammonia is down to 0 I do a water change and put in the cuc. Everyone does things a little different it seems. I slowly add a cuc so I am sure they are getting enough to eat.

well here are some updated pictures, I went a bit wild on corals last night my LFS had 30% off sale and I got a bunch of frags for a great price. Also I have added a McCooskers Flasher Wrasse and a scooter bleeny that I have in 2 days trained him to eats cyclops and baby brine shrimp (I feel he may have been fed this way in the past haha) however enough talk heres the pictures.

Scoot Blenny
img_1698969_0_90630ea0fcebb977ed2421c730365855.jpg

Some Mushrooms idk what kind and some Polyps
img_1698969_1_1efe0afb23d91c37681f66cf21ddd3a5.jpg

img_1698969_2_6dfd8350a2708e7e34c080cb7ed8ea3b.jpg

Hammer Coral
img_1698969_3_ac23c1763ad8f22ccf1da6d69eada7b0.jpg

Duncan 3 head for 10 bucks
img_1698969_4_54684379fee1bfa81b001a4079aa4935.jpg

The rest im not sure so please tell me what they are if you know.
img_1698969_5_143330d8fc22b83c478f3553e780c11b.jpg

img_1698969_6_4508390ef9081a482d4ac1b46d76a785.jpg

My fav!
img_1698969_7_b567ede40a906cdcab42a29d08a06f52.jpg

Back
Top Bottom