My 29 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don’t know about the BRS reactor. The Two Little Fishes Phosban Reactor has a little kit for like $3 with fittings for hob applications that worked for me. And as long as the flow isn’t too high, you won’t grind the carbon into dust. You just have to adjust your ball valve between the pump and the reactor to keep the flow right.

I also have the two little fishes phosban reactor. I mix carbon and gfo. The flow going through there is pretty slow. You want the top layer to "dance".. not really tumble or violently rise.

I really need to put a coral up there! Any ideas?

Attachments

• image-890822231.jpg
    image-890822231.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 111
+1 on the montipora cap. I was thinking a nice red montipora cap would look nice. Or, if you have enough light for sps coral, a bird's nest coral.

Would 96 watts of t5 grow monti and birds nest? Also what's the care level on those. I love the crazy birds nest with blue polyps!!! Also I looked up the monti and I love it!!

Awesome next time I'm at my lfs I'll see what they got. What's a general price range for a decent sized grad of those

Over here my LFS charges £15 for sps frags and £35 for decent size colonies. Sorry I couldn't give a view on US prices.

That's not bad a frag at that price would be 19.50 according to the converter I used

I've paid around $20- $40 for a nice monti cap. Depends on the size and color. Green is always soo much cheaper so keep that in mind. My green monti has absolutely busted out with growth this year and is a nice contrast to my rock. :)

Back
Top Bottom