My 29 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So the tanks been set up since saturday and I'm still showing no ammonia and no trates or trites. Is that weird or will it take a while to get an ammonia reading? I'm putting in a few shrimp pellets in everyday to let them decay a bit.

The food pellets are growing white fungus... Is this okay? Does that mean that they are starting to produce ammonia?

Just changed the rock a little bit. I was trying to give more space for corals in the future but it's hard to do that and make it look good. The corals I want are mainly zooas and other soft stuff like mushrooms. Will this be good room for them? I was thinkin about getting a few more pounds of rock to put in the bottom left by the big center arch

Attachments

• image-1726101102.jpg
    image-1726101102.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 221
Zoas and mushrooms are some of the hardiest corals. They should be fine anywhere in your rock.

Okay... I was trying to get as much horizontal surface area as possible so I can have lots of zooanthids and mushrooms. They might look a little funny growing on the side of a rock vertically.

I'm going to get ace ammonia tomorrow and start dosing... Start with a little I know, but how much is a little? A few drops?

Salinity is high at 1.032. I'm doin a water change how much should I do to make the salinity at 1.023

Just got it down to 1.024. I have ceramic media from my old fw tank. Could I use it in my sw tank? It has been out of the fw tank and dry for about 3 weeks.

Tryin to get a clean up crew list so I'm ready when I go to my lfs. Please correct me if I'm wrong. :)
15 snails of different types
5 hermits of different types
1 Sally Lightfoot crab
1 cleaner shrimp
1 peppermint shrimp

Does this sound good?

Tank lookin super clear after 20 more Lbs of live sand! :)

Attachments

• image-2594361300.jpg
    image-2594361300.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 191
Back
Top Bottom