My 29 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For a 30 gal tank, right? I would get maybe 5 or 6 if you already have a bunch of hermits. They'll keep the top of your sand turned over too. Very beneficial little critters to have.

Goin to the fish store soon for RO/DI water and probably a fish. What do you think would be a good starter reef safe fish?

Depends on how much you are ready to spend. Since you said you wanted a pair of ocellaris clowns, I’d try to get them first. The easiest way to get a mated pair is to buy a pair that are already together, but this also costs more. I got two baby ocellaris clowns, making sure one was slightly bigger than the other, and was lucky that they successfully became a mated pair. Clowns are very hardy fish, so they make a good fish for a newly cycled tank.

I would wait on getting a watchman goby until the tank matures a little bit, so he has a better food source. Same goes for any lawnmower or starry blennies. And I would make the midas blenny you said you want the last fish in the tank, to limit any aggression he might be prone to.

Okay. I will start with a pair of clowns. Thanks! And thanks for actually reading the beginning of the thread!

Do I have to add both clowns at the same time for them to pair? Or if I add one now then one in a week will they still pair?

Just got 2 percula clowns at my lfs and a rock with 3 little red mushrooms. I couldn't resist it for 10 bucks! But... Im floating the bag right now and while examining it, I noticed a really tiny worm on the rock. Not sure if it's good or bad. What should I do?

It's most likely just a bristle worm. They are not bad, despite what some people may say. They will just scavenge and eat detritus. If you can get a pic, we might be able to give you a better idea what to expect.

Here are my 2 percula clowns!! One is about an inch long(one stripe doesn't even go completely around yet!) and the other is about an inch and a half or 2. The are not black and white just a little dark. The actinics make them look black

Attachments

• image-2288772985.jpg
    image-2288772985.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 130
The gap in the stripe and the rock with 2 little red mushrooms(the other is on the back)

Attachments

• image-2209381701.jpg
    image-2209381701.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 122
  • image-2836462879.jpg
    image-2836462879.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 128
MBliss81 I can't find it anymore but it was very very tiny. It was the diameter of a really tiny feather duster tube but about a half inch long.

Back
Top Bottom