My 29 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
TigerBarbs said:
Are there any anemones that are "easier" to keep than others? I really want something for my clowns to host. Toadstool?

Why get an anenome which is potentally dangerous, quite needy, and difficult to keep in a new tank? Get a frogspawn, torch coral, or hammer. They are pretty similar IMO, easy, and just as good looking. Just my opinion of course

That's true... I love frogspawns and hammers but I really really want my clowns to host something and ive only seen/heard of a few instances when clowns hosted hammers.

TigerBarbs said:
Toadstool?

Toadstool isnt an anenome, but clowns can host it (like basically anything else).

I agree with NuNu, go for a knarley torch coral IMO

TigerBarbs said:
That's true... I love frogspawns and hammers but I really really want my clowns to host something and ive only seen/heard of a few instances when clowns hosted hammers.

Ya i know what you mean. I would love my clown to host my frogspawn, but the risk of having an anenome outweighs the benefit IMO. You clowns could host the torch?

TigerBarbs said:
I know toadstools arent anemones, aren't they leathers?

Lol ya. The way you worded the post, it made it seem like you thought they were anenomes. ;) my bad

Just found a dead hermit. Kindof confused me a bit. I figured if my water perameters were off, hed be last to die. So, did he starve maybe? I got diatoms and hair algae.

sometimes they will kill each other for their shells, so if you can get your hands on them get some empty shells.
also, he could've molted and you found his old exterior

All his body was there... Eyes little blue legs and I found an empty shell too. :( o well it was .75$

His whole body was there... Eyes and legs and antennas. And an empty shell. :( only .75 though so not a big loss at all

scottayy said:
sometimes they will kill each other for their shells, so if you can get your hands on them get some empty shells.
also, he could've molted and you found his old exterior

He did molt!!!!! I could have sworn that was his body I found but his shell is gone from where I put it. Woa

You really don't want to try an anemone until you have a mature tank. Minimum 6 months old, preferably a year. You might try an elegance coral or a hammer or frogspawn, they sometimes go for that (although mine never did).

Just got a frogspawn! How long should I drip acclimate it for? It's been goin for 45 minutes now.

That's probably pretty good.
Drip till water volume doubles. Throw half of it out. Drip till it doubles. Then you're done.

Are you using a coral dip?

Nobody's mentioned it yet but I've read of some clowns hosting xenia/anthelias

Back
Top Bottom