My 55gal saltwater tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I started this tank last August. This is my first saltwater aquarium. It has 2 power heads, a protein skimmer, a filter and a heater. I have a yellow tang, a scopas tang, 3 chromis, a blue velvet damsel, a clarkii clownfish, an ocellaris clownfish, a blue and yellow damsel (now purple and yellow), a spotted mandarin, and a sand sifting spotted goby. I have 4 anemones, a crocea clam, a red mushroom, 2 feather dusters, xenia, kenya trees and a leather coral. I have 3 snails and 2 hermit crabs. My lighting is 2 t5 HO bulbs. I'm going to upgrade to a bigger tank soon.

I love your tank. I hope to have lots of Coral too. Beautiful!

How long have you had the anenomes and the clam? They will need much higher lighting in order to live...

You can really up your CUC if you wanted too. I'm really new, you probably know more then me lol. I had a custom clean up crew made for me by reef cleaners and it's way way more then that.

I love your fish. Ever think about really going all out with some really colorful corals? I wish I had room for a 55 or bigger. My room was spent on my 75g African Cichlid tank (which is my baby)

I definitely need more CUC since I added the newer fish. I want lots more colorful coral like yours but need better lighting. What kind of lights do you have?

I have a 72gal bow front cichlid tank also in my living room. My 55gal saltwater tank is in my bedroom.

Lol i need a better cuc as well. Stupid pistol shrimp decided to flip over all my snails and use them as part of his cave :) haha. I would get 4 bulb t5s from fishneedit.com. Cheap and effective :)

I have my saltwater in my bedroom too! And yeah snails!! UGH!! I'm done! If they can't upright themselves then there out! I can't keep turning them over before my hermits and shrimp eat them.

Hi !
I Have 180 Litre aquarium ,Arround 47 gallons
Is the size good for having cichlids ?
Thx

The SOL lights are nice you can simulate actual days (sunrise to sunset) automatically with the controller. The price is high but worth it :) I run 4 T5 bulbs on my 55g and my corals are doing very well. Keep high light corals all the way up top.

Beautiful! My only suggestion would be a background. I can't wait to get all I need for my 55 gal so I can switch it to saltwater.

Please let me know how your clam does would love to get a clam for mine but was told that my light may not be enough to sustain it.

I Agree on the background comment also

I couldn't decide on the background. I want it to look as natural as possible. Thanks for the link.

Back
Top Bottom