My 72 gallon BF tank journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some new shots of the tank...

Lawnmower Blenny posing
img_1575592_0_21951eb60835c95c778e9a7f83c3cc11.jpg

Mini carpet nems
img_1575592_1_4401a4fc06304470248d341e41fbaa94.jpg

img_1575592_2_d7f846536e9b05fbf4dd3cfafd7e43ee.jpg

img_1575592_3_41eb6f641e343bd32c5682d38b920e74.jpg

img_1575592_4_a2c33411c36faef78a8760f70dd72f59.jpg

clowns and their RBTA (they still live under it and not in it, lol)
img_1575592_5_ebcdff4ded2b3419f0d2003088880687.jpg

img_1575592_6_6a1c9549956f0d81d70d429f908d88da.jpg

FTS, sorry for the glare.
img_1575592_7_056c570dc021d8fc15cc8e6e2ba661c9.jpg

the blenny is a cow, look how pudgy it is.

i'm glad to see everything is working out and the little issue with the deaths is gone.

it looks liek the life i nthe DSB is really going nuts and the rock is a sexy purple.

although i personally would have sunk the rock in the bed rather then lifting it. it allows the DSB to work better and gain life faster

Yes, QT in full swing, so hopefully no more mass deaths! I can always drop the rocks down, but it does make for some extra places for the creatures to hang out. Thanks for the comments!!

Okay, Lenny, the blenny moves to anywhere that I am when I'm at the tank, lol! When he was in QT, I would shake the formula two flakes container to get his attention and put them in the tank for him.

So now he has me trained, when he swims to me, I get the container and get him a flake out of it. What a personality, he is great.

Also, Red, the shrimp, eats out of my hand, when I'm feeding the tank he runs up to the top of the rocks and I hand him his share.

LOL, my lawnmower blenny is so great too! He watches me and follows me around the tank. He is probably the most personable fish I have. :) He also is slimming down a bit thankfully he was really huge for a while there. hehe

carey said:
LOL, my lawnmower blenny is so great too! He watches me and follows me around the tank. He is probably the most personable fish I have. :) He also is slimming down a bit thankfully he was really huge for a while there. hehe

I was hesitant to get him because I thought he was ugly looking. Now I can't help but think he is so cute, the more you look at them, they really grow on you.

Ordered some fish from petsolutions.com, they are about 3 hours from me, have a guarantee and are very nice. I got FW stuff in the past from them.

So I ordered 3 Vanderbilt Chromis (inspired by Caries blue reef chromis), 1 emerald crab, 1 six line wrasse, and a dotty back. I'm hoping all do well in QT and I will be set for a few years, lol.

Currently in DT:
2 Clowns
Blue Assessor
Lawn mower blenny

Nice call on the new fishies! I've ordered from petsolutions and was very pleased with their service. I had a fish die the next day and they gave me an immediate credit. :)

carey said:
Nice call on the new fishies! I've ordered from petsolutions and was very pleased with their service. I had a fish die the next day and they gave me an immediate credit. :)

Thanks Carey! I'm so excited for them to get here tomorrow.

Wow, that's pretty nice of them. :) I would order from them again if the right fish came up. Are you going to get more chromis?

carey said:
Wow, that's pretty nice of them. :) I would order from them again if the right fish came up. Are you going to get more chromis?

That's what I thought! I have an email out to John there because they have some other vanderbilt's listed but for $10 more a piece, but I don't know if they are really available or not. If they are I will order them, I think they might ship on Friday, because it's fedex, if not hopefully Monday. I didn't want just one, lol. I wonder if it would school with other chromis.

I upgraded the QT to a 20 gallon I had so everyone should be relatively happy. Moved the filter and rock in there from the 10 gallon QT.

Order arrived, everyone drip acclimating now. I'll try to post pics later. Ordered 2 more chromis and waiting to see if they are in or not.

So I got the two larger chromis today, acclimated them and put them in the tank. Well with those black bags, you can't see the fish at all, so the one has a hole/injury on his head, that is rather large. I am hoping for the best, he is eating fine and acting fine, other than the injury. The three of them are sorting each other out, and all are finally swimming around the tank. The dottyback rules the QT, and has nipped a few fins, I am not sure it will go in the DT or not, everyone else is so peaceful, I don't want a bully. The 6 line is the wimp of the group, found a little cave and hangs in there, but comes out every once in a while to see what is happening and to eat.

So all in all a good purchase from petsolutions, minus this hole/injury on the head of the chromis.

the dottyback once you place it in the DT should have its rule displaced so it might be docile once its moved.

maybe put the chromis with a docter, aka cleaner shrimp to have any infected tissue picked off for quicker heals

Here are some pics:

the injured chromis and the 6 line sneaking a peak, he is actually swimming a lot with the chromis now that they have been in there about an hour...
img_1600618_0_114ef8d44c9ed6a1ffc4ee75d1d522f9.jpg

The boss...
img_1600618_1_375ec6e94089a3fb0039c955dba1dbc9.jpg

The acclimation set up...
img_1600618_2_a0d7bc6eb9b09899e44fd26b327ba1bc.jpg

Thanks Carey, it seems to be doing okay. The spot got worse looking with red/blood then today it looks all jagged, like the bad stuff fell off and it is going to heal. I'll keep an eye out for fuzz or anything growing on it. Everyone is doing great, no real issues just dotty is tempermental, she stopped nipping at fins at least and only chases them away from the rock, lol, all of the rock. Somehow she allows the 6 line his spot.

Big tank news...so I had an aquarium guy out today and went to his store later to get a few things. He will be coming out next week to drill a hole in the floor and set up a 55 gallon sump in the basement for me!! I am eventually going to have him build a 180-ish gallon in the living room, but for now it will be great to have all the hardware in the basement. It will be hooked up to an ATO with R/O system directly so I just have to measure/monitor Ca and KH to keep the system in check. Then, he will have a big jug that I can have the R/O go in directly for water changes and mix my salt and everything in there. So all this lugging around buckets stuff will be done, yeah!!! I'm so excited, can you tell?

Also, he can link the two tanks and everything would be one one system, so say if I wanted a FOWLR tank in my office, we won't mention that part to the hubby just yet, lol!

WOW! Sounds very exciting! i can't wait to hear about it as it comes along! Don't forget pictures! LOL

Back
Top Bottom