My first saltwater aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

M_DonFran

Aquarium Advice Activist
It's a 40 breeder with a 20 long sump/refugium

Just finished cycle and added some of my cuc

Stocking was thinking of:
Some kind of clownfish not sure (really liking the yellow stripped maroon)
Midas blenny

Not sure what else any input would be great

Full view
image-1872806889.jpg

image-2205984296.jpg

image-692226221.jpg

image-703919531.jpg

Attachments

• image-3645327879.jpg
    image-3645327879.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 290
Don't like it? Lol roommate got it when he went snorkeling for a cruse and wanted me to put it in, I just don't know where to put it to make it look good...

haha, there is actually no room to do that, i would have to re-scape everyting

He will buy a fish for me, WIN!, and i don't have a desk to use it as a paper weight... I also think my emerald crab is hiding out in there.

If you make it a reef tank, you could always just glue some coral frags to the shell. When they grow and spread it'll cover the shell some. I've seen a couple tanks on here that used sunken ships and castles and things in reef tanks and once they grew in, it looked really good!! It's a work in progress!! Even just some simple corals like zoas or mushrooms would spread over it. Good luck with the tank!! :)

If you make it a reef tank, you could always just glue some coral frags to the shell. When they grow and spread it'll cover the shell some. I've seen a couple tanks on here that used sunken ships and castles and things in reef tanks and once they grew in, it looked really good!! It's a work in progress!! Even just some simple corals like zoas or mushrooms would spread over it. Good luck with the tank!! :)

That's a great idea, I would never have thought of that! (y) :thanks:

Ended up taking it out, and putting in the sump/refugium for now. I am going to add more rock soon but here is how it looks with the shell out it

WP_000729.jpg

That's a world of difference, I love that one out there by itself, it's like picture in picture...

And clams... I see clams...!

Looks good without the shell as well, even though it's a cool shell. I like the real look of it but that's my personal opinion. Nice clowns.

Thanks, I had just bought a diamond sleeper goby and was waiting to get some picture and unfortunately a rock was loose and crushed it :( so now I have to redo the whole aqua scape and I'm out $30, clowns are okay though

Back
Top Bottom