My first SW tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's a really bad picture but you can kind of make out it looks like pistol shrimp shot it.

Attachments

• image-2405428469.jpg
    image-2405428469.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 107
Maybe he just has a sore on him? I wouldn't picture a wrasse getting beat up on by a pistol shrimp or a clown, though I suppose some clowns are really mean.

Too bad, that's a beautiful wrasse!

Catalina gobys need cold water, so dont get one. I dont think you should return the clowns... I mean if you havent seen anything its definitly not them. Its not like fish think oh that guy is gone, lets beat the heck out of the wrasse now. They would do something in front of you and you would know.

I'm so confused its just one thing after another. I might just wait it out and see what happens. I still don't see how it could be the shrimp but I have no other explanation.

I might wait it out if I do change my fish then it happens to be a hitchhiker doing the damage I'll be in the same situation. I'll try to get a better pick of the wrasse maybe it is something else.

Sharkbait54 said:
I'm so confused its just one thing after another. I might just wait it out and see what happens. I still don't see how it could be the shrimp but I have no other explanation.

I might wait it out if I do change my fish then it happens to be a hitchhiker doing the damage I'll be in the same situation. I'll try to get a better pick of the wrasse maybe it is something else.

I know how it can get stressful and you wanna just stop but hang in. I lost the three fish in a week. Trust me I thought of rearranging fish my self. Was going to get a snowflake clown and trade in my maroon. I would give it a few days though. Don't wanna regret anything.

22engine said:
I know how it can get stressful and you wanna just stop but hang in. I lost the three fish in a week. Trust me I thought of rearranging fish my self. Was going to get a snowflake clown and trade in my maroon. I would give it a few days though. Don't wanna regret anything.

Exactly, I'm gonna give it a little and take care of my poor wrasse. What's up with your maroon? Too aggressive? I was actually thinking of getting one.

Sharkbait54 said:
Exactly, I'm gonna give it a little and take care of my poor wrasse. What's up with your maroon? Too aggressive? I was actually thinking of getting one.

No there is nothing wrong with him. I just REALLY want a black and white snowflake. But I will just leave it be

Sharkbait54 said:
Here's a really bad picture but you can kind of make out it looks like pistol shrimp shot it.

The pic is kinda blurry. Can tell he has some kind of a red area. Burn maybe? Has he been hiding out by the heater at all? When my pistol shot a fish, half his face was gray and ugly, not red. Hope he heals quickly.

Beengirl said:
The pic is kinda blurry. Can tell he has some kind of a red area. Burn maybe? Has he been hiding out by the heater at all? When my pistol shot a fish, half his face was gray and ugly, not red. Hope he heals quickly.

I don't have a heater the tank runs at 78. Yah the pic is really bad ill try getting another soon.

22engine said:
No there is nothing wrong with him. I just REALLY want a black and white snowflake. But I will just leave it be

I was thinking about getting a maroon are they really aggressive.

I've never had a maroon, but have been told by otters on here that maroon and tomato are the most aggressive clowns. I've heard that maroons will actually come up and bite divers in the wild! :(

Beengirl said:
I've never had a maroon, but have been told by otters on here that maroon and tomato are the most aggressive clowns. I've heard that maroons will actually come up and bite divers in the wild! :(

Ok I guess I'll stick with what I have. I've searched the tank for like 10 min I can't see any hitchhikers but then again they don't wanna be seen either. Well see how my wrasse is tomorrow. :(

Beengirl said:

Haha!! Obviously no "otters" told me anything!!! Lol. That was supposed to be "others". I can't type. :)

They are suppose to be more aggressive. As with anything it's hit or miss. Mine isn't and hangs with my BW all the time now

Ok so my wrasse is dead. CUC got to it so no reason to take a pic he was half eaten when I found him. Probably Thursday I'm gonna take the tank apart and get the shrimp out.

Sharkbait54 said:
Ok so my wrasse is dead. CUC got to it so no reason to take a pic he was half eaten when I found him. Probably Thursday I'm gonna take the tank apart and get the shrimp out.

There are traps you can make to try and catch it. Would be easier than taking the rock out

Back
Top Bottom