My first SW tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sharkbait54 said:
Hope so i might might go pick one up today ;) which is cooler?

Cleaner and skunk are the same. Some call it skunk because of the white stripe on its back

Still looking good ;)

Attachments

• image-4165265712.jpg
    image-4165265712.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 54
  • image-541205605.jpg
    image-541205605.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 53
Cleaner shrimp are better IMO. Mine is always trying to get "business" and clean fish, but the fish are not really used to him. When I do water changes or put my hand in the tank he'll hop on my hand and try to clean it :lol:. Fire shrimp prefer low-lighted areas, so they hide a lot aka you might not see him a lot. I doubt any of your fish would eat a sexy shrimp , although your six line wrasse could be a suspect if you did get one. I just added a tiny pistol shrimp 2 days ago and my problem is I don't think I'll ever find him since he's so small!

Sharkbait54 said:
Still looking good ;)

Looks really good. Making me wanna redo all my rock work lol. Just got a new tank project. But the wife doesn't seem to thrilled yet. Only a 14 gallon rimless cube with sump.

Sharkbait54 said:
Still looking good ;)

The tank is looking really good!! BTW- cleaner shrimps are the best!!! So much personality, don't hide like some of the other types. LOVE my cleaner!!! :)

Beengirl said:
The tank is looking really good!! BTW- cleaner shrimps are the best!!! So much personality, don't hide like some of the other types. LOVE my cleaner!!! :)

Thanks I just heard that chalk basses could eat shrimp. I think my lfs sells them for like 3-4$ bucks each its worth trying it IMO.

Lol i can assure chalk bass dont eat shrimp i had my bass with 3 shrimp and he never touched one. They would even clean him. An the 3-4$ shrimp your talking about it a peppermint or camel back shrimp, cleaner shrimp are closer to 20$

Sharkbait54 said:
Thanks I just heard that chalk basses could eat shrimp. I think my lfs sells them for like 3-4$ bucks each its worth trying it IMO.

Wow a cleaner that cheap is a steal. Mine are 29.99 for a cleaner

22engine said:
Looks really good. Making me wanna redo all my rock work lol. Just got a new tank project. But the wife doesn't seem to thrilled yet. Only a 14 gallon rimless cube with sump.

Tell me about it this guy is giving a 14g I think BioCube for 30 bucks. I don't wanna sound mean but he seems a bit slow he keeps telling me he is gonna take it to his work and I'm like? Where? He won't even give me his number lol.

There's also this lady giving a 14g nanocube cube for 10$ cause the light don't work. I was thinking about getting it ditching the hood and putting an led over top.

But idk of any led lights that hang over the top of the tank that are cheap.

22engine said:
Wow a cleaner that cheap is a steal. Mine are 29.99 for a cleaner

Or skunk shrimp I forget of I go today ill let you know how much. I think they might be peppermint shrimp.... Idk

Sharkbait54 said:
Or skunk shrimp I forget of I go today ill let you know how much. I think they might be peppermint shrimp.... Idk

Peppermint are cheap yes. I am currently looking for a light for my new rimless 14 gallon cube. Just cleaned it all out today with bleach and its drying in the garage. Tried the sump and seem to work good. Going to upgrade the return pump though. Not enough flow for me.

22engine said:
Peppermint are cheap yes. I am currently looking for a light for my new rimless 14 gallon cube. Just cleaned it all out today with bleach and its drying in the garage. Tried the sump and seem to work good. Going to upgrade the return pump though. Not enough flow for me.

Let me know what light u pick up I might go get that nanocube and just toss the hoof

Sharkbait54 said:
Mhmm found my sixline dead today I guess I wont be adding another. I wish I know how it died though.

What the parameters. I would start there to double check

Sharkbait54 said:
I'm pretty sure it's aggression cause he had a mark on his side. Ill check the perams though.

What your stock now

Back
Top Bottom