My first SW tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Convict2161 said:
There known for that. See if a screw is loose or take the screws out and re seat the fan. There no known for being quite unfortunately.

Jaja will do thanks convict.

Ok so I've added all the rock I had (might as well) so I dont just waste them. I'm actually much happier it looks great I can't wait to add coral.

Also I plan on feeding tomorrow a cube of food with all the current in the tank? Lol

Attachments

• image-3699509802.jpg
    image-3699509802.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 102
Sharkbait54 said:
Ok so I've added all the rock I had (might as well) so I dont just waste them. I'm actually much happier it looks great I can't wait to add coral.

Also I plan on feeding tomorrow a cube of food with all the current in the tank? Lol

Looking good bud. Will be adding my pics in a min to my thread of some of the new additions.

Sharkbait54 said:

Looks good bro! I don't know of it makes a difference but I shut my pump down. Not the power head put the pump in the chamber. I just unplug it so the food doesn't get taken out before they can eat. I also for a minute shut off my power head so some food can settle allowing some sand bed corals to get some food as well as snails etc.

Convict2161 said:
Looks good bro! I don't know of it makes a difference but I shut my pump down. Not the power head put the pump in the chamber. I just unplug it so the food doesn't get taken out before they can eat. I also for a minute shut off my power head so some food can settle allowing some sand bed corals to get some food as well as snails etc.

That'll work also a variety of diet is good 2 right cause apart from frozen food I also have flakes and pellets.

How often do you change your filter floss just wondering.

I've read on the reef forums that those work well and are in fact quieter. Many have changed to those.

I was thinking about ordering a "intank" fuge basket and a 10w underwater bulb any one use this set up? Pros cons?

Sharkbait54 said:
I was thinking about ordering a "intank" fuge basket and a 10w underwater bulb any one use this set up? Pros cons?

22 Engine has it and it's working out awesome. He uses the jbj fuge light and added a air line with a small pump to aerate the fuge and keep the macro algae alive. It's working out just fine.

Convict2161 said:
22 Engine has it and it's working out awesome. He uses the jbj fuge light and added a air line with a small pump to aerate the fuge and keep the macro algae alive. It's working out just fine.

Very nice 22 is it necessary to use an air line?

Sharkbait54 said:
Very nice 22 is it necessary to use an air line?

The air line helped out a lot for him. I had read about using the air line and a small pump in a magazine and on some reef forums. It proved to be worth it. I'll let him add to it but in the end I think he's happy he did it.

Yes I the air line is worth it and I am glad convict told me about it before I gave up on the fuge. Before I added the airline my chaeto was dieing and brown but now it is a bright green.

22engine said:
Yes I the air line is worth it and I am glad convict told me about it before I gave up on the fuge. Before I added the airline my chaeto was dieing and brown but now it is a bright green.

Works for me lol. Another question do i have to take the sponge off the return pump if i do i do install the fuge?

For now ive ordered the fans its really annoying me how loud they get. Cant even watch tv lol :(

Sharkbait54 said:
Works for me lol. Another question do i have to take the sponge off the return pump if i do i do install the fuge?

For now ive ordered the fans its really annoying me how loud they get. Cant even watch tv lol :(

Do you mean the sponge that's in chamber three? I didn't have a sponge actually on the pump.

22engine said:
Do you mean the sponge that's in chamber three? I didn't have a sponge actually on the pump.

Yeah the stock chamber three. I'm thinking about upgrading the pump to a mj 1200

Back
Top Bottom