My first SW tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fed the fish everyone came out to eat and the tank is clearing up!!

Attachments

• image-3128356135.jpg
    image-3128356135.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 127
I was thinking about taking the fake rock/dead corals from the very front of the aquarium to make room for some real coral free up some space for the gobies and snails. What do you guys think?

You could. There are a lot of corals that you will have to glue to rocks after you get them so it's nice to have small pieces like that. It looks like you would have a nice cave effect if you moved the branching looking rock dead center.

22engine said:
You could. There are a lot of corals that you will have to glue to rocks after you get them so it's nice to have small pieces like that. It looks like you would have a nice cave effect if you moved the branching looking rock dead center.

Sweet ok I'll do that instead!

Ok so I'm thinking about adding a chalk bass and a possum wrasse. Any experience with these guys. The good, the bad, the ugly?

Although it wont till a couple months I just got this tank and I don't wanna mess this up!

Tomorrow I am gonna pick up a few snails for some more CUC, also was thinking about adding a hermit. Will these guys kill my snails or are they friendly?

Hermits will kill snails. I've had it happen in my tank. If you leave a few empty shells around though I read it's less likely to happen. But I've seen a hermit snack on a snail just because it was flipped over.

scottayy said:
Hermits will kill snails. I've had it happen in my tank. If you leave a few empty shells around though I read it's less likely to happen. But I've seen a hermit snack on a snail just because it was flipped over.

Ya when I added the 11 her it's I have I also added 12 empty shells of different sizes that I bought from the LFS with the snails

:( that sucks I guess I'll just go pick up some more snails.

Actually will emerald crabs eat snails?

Ok moved the rock work yet again tell me what you think!

Also I saw some aggression really just chasing from the gobies. This morning I saw the smaller one in the upper corner of the tank. But at night they sleep together? Any thoughts?

Attachments

• image-4075403424.jpg
    image-4075403424.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 110
Sharkbait54 said:
Ok moved the rock work yet again tell me what you think!

Also I saw some aggression really just chasing from the gobies. This morning I saw the smaller one in the upper corner of the tank. But at night they sleep together? Any thoughts?

I like it. See what I was talking about with having that cave now for fish to hide in. Def nice. See I was concerned about those two lol. Just watch them to make sure it doesn't get bad cause one will get stressed and then die.

22engine said:
I like it. See what I was talking about with having that cave now for fish to hide in. Def nice. See I was concerned about those two lol. Just watch them to make sure it doesn't get bad cause one will get stressed and then die.

I really appreciate you helping me out 22!

The smaller one won't go into the rocks cause he's just terrified. I decided they were not gona get along so i took the big one back. I kept the one in the picture. While I was at the lfs i bought 4 more small snails and a chalk bass! Is that ok? I they told me they could hold it for 2 weeks that way i can make sure my tank is good!

Sharkbait54 said:
I really appreciate you helping me out 22!

The smaller one won't go into the rocks cause he's just terrified. I decided they were not gona get along so i took the big one back. I kept the one in the picture. While I was at the lfs i bought 4 more small snails and a chalk bass! Is that ok? I they told me they could hold it for 2 weeks that way i can make sure my tank is good!

I know it's tuff to wait. Believe me I do lol. I would wait the two weeks and let the tanks BB catch up. Not a problem at all with the help that's what this place is for. There is a show on the discovery channel called the great barrier reef right now and it's awesome. It's almost over now but they are playing it again after. Check it out. The bass seems fine just better off waiting if they will hold it. Two points are one your tank will settle in from the new additions and you will know if the fish is healthy after its been in there tank for two weeks. Kinda like QT it.

22engine said:
I know it's tuff to wait. Believe me I do lol. I would wait the two weeks and let the tanks BB catch up. Not a problem at all with the help that's what this place is for. There is a show on the discovery channel called the great barrier reef right now and it's awesome. It's almost over now but they are playing it again after. Check it out. The bass seems fine just better off waiting if they will hold it. Two points are one your tank will settle in from the new additions and you will know if the fish is healthy after its been in there tank for two weeks. Kinda like QT it.

Yes i absolutely gonna wait 2 weeks to get the bass.

Sweet i didnt know that show was coming on today thanks for the heads up.

And 22 do you use the hydor rotating head for the stock pump? Do you recommend it or is it a waste.

I have it but with the two 425's have I don't use it. I just point the nozzle up to break the surface up

22engine said:
I have it but with the two 425's have I don't use it. I just point the nozzle up to break the surface up

Whats a good crab that won't eat my snails and is reef safe?

Back
Top Bottom