My first SW tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I went to pick up my new fire fish and sand sifting star and fire fish ill upload pics when I get home.

They have my possum wrasse but I'm going to wait another week to pick that guy up I have pics of him though.

Also just wanted to show off the redsea aquarium they have BEAUTIFUL!!

Attachments

• image-3702704971.jpg
    image-3702704971.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 70
  • image-4104078865.jpg
    image-4104078865.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 73
  • image-4119050048.jpg
    image-4119050048.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 76
  • image-2403649469.jpg
    image-2403649469.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 74
  • image-1396742873.jpg
    image-1396742873.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 71
Nice. Changes and additions going on in my tank today as well will update my thread tonight.

Ok so my royal gramma is dead. So I first thought it was the clowns but my goby is really aggressive toward my new fire fish. I found the gramma without a tail the day I put the fire fish I saw he had a nipped tail....

I'm calling it quits of the fish I'm not adding or taking anything else in or out. The fire fish has since healed but still gets chased if he goes near the gobys cave. That's why I think it was the goby rather the clowns. I really don't care anymore.

My lfs is holding a Pygmy wrasse I'm just gonna tell them to keep it and use the store credit for some coral and call it a day.

One thing though my reef test kit was second hand and its missing some color cards where can I buy replacements?

Sharkbait54 said:
Ok so my royal gramma is dead. So I first thought it was the clowns but my goby is really aggressive toward my new fire fish. I found the gramma without a tail the day I put the fire fish I saw he had a nipped tail....

I'm calling it quits of the fish I'm not adding or taking anything else in or out. The fire fish has since healed but still gets chased if he goes near the gobys cave. That's why I think it was the goby rather the clowns. I really don't care anymore.

My lfs is holding a Pygmy wrasse I'm just gonna tell them to keep it and use the store credit for some coral and call it a day.

One thing though my reef test kit was second hand and its missing some color cards where can I buy replacements?

That sucks. You can call the company who make the test kits and get and extra card

Sharkbait54 said:
So I went to pick up my new fire fish and sand sifting star and fire fish ill upload pics when I get home.

They have my possum wrasse but I'm going to wait another week to pick that guy up I have pics of him though.

Also just wanted to show off the redsea aquarium they have BEAUTIFUL!!

You located in Mid TN? I know that's Aquatic Critter. The best LFS within 50 miles of me

I live about 30min from it if you're ever interested in trading frags or anything!

Jeremy S. said:
I live about 30min from it if you're ever interested in trading frags or anything!

Well as you can see my tank is empty lol. I would be interested in buying some from you in the near future!

After the initial hickups. Everything is starting to look better. The fire fish does not hide as much as he did and I bought a beautiful chalk bass who seems to be doing awesome. Hopefully close to christmas ill start getting some coral.

Here of some pics of my new guy!!

Attachments

• image-1521887393.jpg
    image-1521887393.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 145
  • image-3724804908.jpg
    image-3724804908.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 141
  • image-1221403226.jpg
    image-1221403226.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 131
  • image-2860816477.jpg
    image-2860816477.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 146
I spoke to soon. My six line wrasse has a damaged side.

How am I gonna get this shrimp out?
I really like him. I thought they were suppose to be peaceful!!

Could it be some kind of hitchhiker?

Nu-Nu the eel said:
The shrimp??? What dis he do?? LOVE THE BASS!!!! :)

Well I THINK it's the shrimp unless I have some kind of hitchhiker which I'm hoping for the shrimps sake. It started with my fire fish had half its tail snipped off then today my six line has like a small chunk of skin missing like if someone bit him. I'll try to get a pick tommorow. It's weird cause every where I've heard that pistol shrimp aren't aggressive. Plus where the fire fish sleeps is on the opposite side of the tank!

Both fish look fine even though they are damaged.

I'm thinking about getting some kind of shrimp like a peppermint to kill some hitchhikers. Or what can I get?

Thanks the bass eats like a champ he's doing fine.

Attachments

• image-3475889961.jpg
    image-3475889961.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 127
I really doubt it's the pistol shrimp. If he wanted to eat or kill something, he would shoot it and it would be dead, he wouldn't just nip at a fin. I'm no defender of pistols, trust me, I've had mine do some things, but I just don't see him only nipping. Now, you could have an emerald or ruby crab as a hitchhiker, and I could see them doing that while the fish sleep. Also, as I said before, clowns are cute and funny, but can be territorial at times-could be the clown.

Beengirl said:
I really doubt it's the pistol shrimp. If he wanted to eat or kill something, he would shoot it and it would be dead, he wouldn't just nip at a fin. I'm no defender of pistols, trust me, I've had mine do some things, but I just don't see him only nipping. Now, you could have an emerald or ruby crab as a hitchhiker, and I could see them doing that while the fish sleep. Also, as I said before, clowns are cute and funny, but can be territorial at times-could be the clown.

I really hope it's a hitchhiker but I haven't seen any traces of any other animals how can I catch these hitchhikers?

My lfs also said it COULD be the shrimp or like a big worm or something.

My ruby crab hides all day long, only see him at night once in a while with flashlight. Even with flashlight, I only see him once every week or two. He's like a ninja!! Lol hope you figure it out!

Well upon further investigation the wrasse looks like it has a burn mark rather a bite mark he doesn't look to good today. Wednesday I'm just going take the tank down and return the 2 clowns just in case they did nipping, the pistol, and the blue spot goby cause he was being a douche also. Lol

I'll just trade them for 1 O clown or maybe a snowflake clown and maybe a Catalina goby well see.

Back
Top Bottom