My Nano Bio14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crabs

Aquarium Advice FINatic
5 months and alls well

Attachments

• image-1562309193.jpg
    image-1562309193.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 331
I appreciate the positive comments. I've had a lot of experience with African Cichlids but this is my first SW tank.
As for the Coraline Algae, I cheated and payed a little extra for the live rock that my LFS had in their tanks. It was already covered with the stuff. It was real interesting, the hitchhikers that came along with it. Some good, some bad. Some I probably still don't know about yet. But it's always cool to c sumthin new!

Yeh, they're neat. Mine molts about every 3 weeks. He's a thief though. I have a Dendrophyllia Coral that I hand feed. That thieving shrimp will dig into the coral and take the food if I'm not watching. I've learned that it's easier to give the shrimp a small chunk of whatever I'm feeding the coral than it is to chase him away. That keeps him occupied long enough for my coral to ingest it's food.
I also have a small clown fish and green clown goby. U would never know it though. They're very shy. Especially when I get close for a picture. I need a zoom lens for my phone camera so I can snap a pic from the other side of the room

Like your system what salt mix do you use. How often do you water change and % amount at that change.

Instant Ocean Reef Crystals. 15% weekly, although that may be a little overkill. It works for me so I'm sticking with it

Crabs said:
Instant Ocean Reef Crystals. 15% weekly, although that may be a little overkill. It works for me so I'm sticking with it

very cool. Thanks for the info. I'm thinking about starting a small tank.

Thanks. Hearing that fm people with experience in this hobby means a lot

Bettacrazy said:
Is that an anemone? Correct me if I'm wrong.

He's right it's not an anemone. It's a Dendrophyllia. Sum call it sun coral but it's not really

Back
Top Bottom