My new beast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really need to get my bum bum motivated to get my refugium on there. I might need to saw some of the lid to get it to fit properly :( I don't want to saw it it's too pretty lol

how coem you are using an HOB refugium? why not have the tank drilled for a sump/fuge or simply construct a few PVC overflows if you don't want to have it drilled. the overflows are relitivly compactas far as space and they flow at a pretty good rate.

DIY OverFlow Pipe - UltimateReef.com

Thanks Gti_Leo i think I might stick a sump under there some time in the future. I dont think I could bring myself to drill the tank lol so I would diy the overflows. My refugium is quite big it's 1 meter long so it will do for now. I can't find any good deals on base rock or live rock over here so I'm waiting to see if I can catch any tank shutdowns quickly.

Run out of plug sockets lol because your using 8 already!! I
Struggling to find somewhere to plug the Hoover in haha :)

Lookin pretty :) can't wait to get bigger fish :)

Attachments

• image-3736290948.jpg
    image-3736290948.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 346
First thing is to get more live rock :) tank looks very empty lol

Just thought I would give you all a quick update. Finally got some new cupboard handles today lol. Slowly building up my live rock now and starting to look a bit fuller, oh also got a nice sail fin tang

Attachments

• image-3017595222.jpg
    image-3017595222.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 227
  • image-1384683346.jpg
    image-1384683346.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 222
Oh yeah.... The mrs's little anemone split into 3 nems within 2 days. She loves these little things lol.

Attachments

• image-833448386.jpg
    image-833448386.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 228
Wish I never looked at your stand now I want to do mine I got mine second hand hang on you live in uk as well how about you pop round and show me how best to do it lol right starting mine tomorrow

Where abouts in the uk are you mate? I'm from cleethorpes near Grimsby. Just take your time on the stand mate, it took me ages to get it looking fairly decent lol. I got this tank second hand for a right bargain because it looks a bit battered and I knew I could do it up ;)

Gatwick area mine was a bargain to take a look in my profile will let you know how I get on with some photos

Aaah just seen your tank mate. Looks nice and splitting with egg crate was a good idea. Your tank Is nice and full of rock lol I'm slowly building mine up but it's costing a fortune. I need some second hand or maybe get some base rock !

Back
Top Bottom