My new rock arrangement..Pic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xahx

Aquarium Advice Freak
I really like my arrangement and i spent like 2 hours doing it, I also have more rock i bought today for the left side!! (only 12 lbs, but sufficient for what im trying to do)

Going for the NATURAL look!

Thought id share! Comments appreciated :D

Attachments

• dsc01030.jpg
    dsc01030.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 167
  • dsc01029.jpg
    dsc01029.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 202
  • dsc01030.jpg
    dsc01030.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 215
oops i got a repeat...

Attachments

• dsc01026.jpg
    dsc01026.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 120
  • dsc01026.jpg
    dsc01026.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 162
im not too good at this... LOL o well, you get it

Comments Appreciated hooray!

Nice rock work, looks great! One comment/question though-Is that a Crocea or Maxima clam? Either way you should think about moving it up into the rock work. They are rock dwelling, high light clams and in most instances require MH lighting to keep their coloring and thrive in an aquarium. Placing it on small piece of LR or a clam half-shell is good idea so you can easily move it if needed. They permanently attach themselves to whatever they are on once fully acclimated and happy. Good luck

Nice layout! Looks great! Did you use adhesive or pegs to hold the rocks together? Or are they just nested in place? Just curious about how stable it is. How many pounds of rock is that? My rock will be delivered this week. I hope I can get it to look as good as yours.

Nice layout! Looks great! Did you use adhesive or pegs to hold the rocks together? Or are they just nested in place? Just curious about how stable it is. How many pounds of rock is that? My rock will be delivered this week. I hope I can get it to look as good as yours.

No adhesive or pegs, just placed like so, its pretty stable, there are a few pieces that are a little wobbly but other rocks hold them in place! Where did you order LR from? Id love to see what selection they gave you...

I typicaly like to hand pick my rock so bc i know what shapes im looking for!
Good luck on your arrangement!

I added those additional 12 lbs of rock today, i believe my rock arrangement will remain as this for now... Too bad i have to move in about 6 months... :(

Attachments

• dsc01034.jpg
    dsc01034.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 91
  • dsc01035.jpg
    dsc01035.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 103
  • dsc01037.jpg
    dsc01037.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 112
a view from the left side of the RIGHT side.

Attachments

• dsc01036.jpg
    dsc01036.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 112
Nice rock work, looks great! One comment/question though-Is that a Crocea or Maxima clam? Either way you should think about moving it up into the rock work. They are rock dwelling, high light clams and in most instances require MH lighting to keep their coloring and thrive in an aquarium. Placing it on small piece of LR or a clam half-shell is good idea so you can easily move it if needed. They permanently attach themselves to whatever they are on once fully acclimated and happy. Good luck

Its a MAXIMA Clam, ive moved it to the flat rock on the right side! Thanks for the suggestion... My friend told me that the intake(mouth) shoould be zipped up if its happy and water is good, it was open in the sandy spot, (dont think it liked it there) now its more closed at the new flat rock spot! Good looking out!

Good looking out!
That's why we're here :wink: I definitely think it will be happier where it is now, assumuing you have enough light.
My friend told me that the intake(mouth) shoould be zipped up if its happy and water is good,
True, but Maximas and Croceas tend to "gape" a bit more than other clams. Don't worry yourself to much about that. If it stops extending it's mantle (pinching) or starts losing color, then it's time to worry. Your tank looks good, nice aqua-scaping. Happy reefing...

whats the orange thing?

The only 2 orange things i c, is the reflection of an ikea lamp on the top of the rock, and the yellowish/orange is my rittier anenome trying to find a new spot!

Where did you order LR from? Id love to see what selection they gave you...

I ordered 40 pounds of Keys rock from Liverocks.com. Its scheduled to be shipped today (Tuesday 2/22). I'll post some photos when it arrives.

What is your substrate? It looks SO nice! When we arranged our LR it took the sand days to settle down. Yours looks beautiful!

DJ

I love the aquascaping. Lots of caves and very natural looking. I'm still in the planning stages for my tank and yours is a great example of what I hope mine will look like when done. You are going to have very happy fishes!

Back
Top Bottom