my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lamby

Aquarium Advice FINatic
so I havnt had my marine tank long maby 3 months at the most I only have my common clown at the moment but will be picking up my blue ribbon moray next week realy excited to get him does any one have any goo tips for keeping ribbon eels

tanks getting to the point where its almost just maintain now need more live rock and il be done and a pic of my new tank mate

Attachments

• image-3049611559.jpg
    image-3049611559.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 146
  • image-710621105.jpg
    image-710621105.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 156
They sure do, I would seal that tank ASAP! They also get into filter intakes and such. Beautiful creature, good luck with him. I read that they only usually last a few months in aquariums and are definitely for expert aquarists only. Was it eating at the LFS you got it from? They are difficult feeders...

Oh and have been known to eat small fish (watch out nemo) they also dig in the sand bed and are the most part nocturnal. Hope this helps!

yeah iv feed him twice since I got him he likes the marine frozen cubes and I dont know if this is bad or not but fishing bait.(I have realy imature friends when they drink)

So iv stocked the tank with live shrimp and did a rescape he seems not to care about the shrimp Great watching him hunt them down tho

Attachments

• image-3360000047.jpg
    image-3360000047.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 109
They sure do, I would seal that tank ASAP! They also get into filter intakes and such. Beautiful creature, good luck with him. I read that they only usually last a few months in aquariums and are definitely for expert aquarists only. Was it eating at the LFS you got it from? They are difficult feeders...

Where did you hear that they only last a few months? Im just curious if its from a reputable source. My friend has had a snowflake for 4 years and he is far from an expert.

Many sources have it listed as expert only. Advancedaquarist.com fishchannel.com even wiki maybe not reputable but all saying the same thing. I just googled it, I have no experience with eels. I was referring specifically to the blue ribbon moray which is much different to a snowflake :)

I didnt see you were talking about ribbons. Thought just eels in general.

ended up with a banded moray he had a nice feed of nemo

Back
Top Bottom