My tank thus far. What do you all think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks good to me. Like the rock work and corals. What other plans do you have?

What size is that?

It is a 34 gallon red sea max. I am new to the reef world, and I'm trying to soak in as much info as possible. I know I want a mandarin goby and a yellow tang as far as the fish goes, but I'm totally unsure as to where I would like to go from here on the coral side. Any suggestions? I have had the tank up and running for about three weeks, and plan to wait a few more weeks before adding anything else. Thanks for your input!

A yellow tang needs a much larger tank then that as do any tangs. The madarin you will want to wait to get until you see a substantial pod population in your tank which will take around 6 months to a year. Nothing good in this hobby happens fast so you'll have to have patience to get the best out of this experience :)

womacj said:
It is a 34 gallon red sea max. I am new to the reef world, and I'm trying to soak in as much info as possible. I know I want a mandarin goby and a yellow tang as far as the fish goes, but I'm totally unsure as to where I would like to go from here on the coral side. Any suggestions? I have had the tank up and running for about three weeks, and plan to wait a few more weeks before adding anything else. Thanks for your input!

Yellow tang won't work, they need at least a 75 gallon. The mandarin will work however I'd wait for your tank to become well established as they eat live food like copepods so you'd want your tank to have many of those crawling around. You can buy copepods and seed your tank with them and hope for the best. Or you can buy a tank raised one that's been trained to eat prepared food.

Just take it slow and don't rush anything. Like you said take it all in and soak up as much info as you can.

For me and my bio cube 29. I like clown fish, my bangii cardinals my purple fire fish and my orange spotted goby.

There are a bunch you can have, some interesting fish you can keep. So take your time and research and look and see what you like and ask questions. See if the fish will work with other fish you like and if they can go in your size tank.

Good luck!

We will take it slow. Thanks for the advice. I will have to add the purple firefish to my list.

Tank looks clean and happy. I would recommend a skunk cleaner shrimp, he would look great in there. Maybe a pj cardinal or a pair of clowns.

Back
Top Bottom