Nano Reef 14g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PapaNosio

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Stock Biocube

1 Maroon Clown
1 Coral Beauty
1 Blue Tang
1 Multicolor Blenny

Handful of hermits
2 emerald crabs
2 snails
1 purple featherduster
1 bubble tip anenome

Corals:
Bubble
Toadstool
Zoo
Red mushrooms
Need help IDing the other corals

image-1627771538.jpg

The fish are all around 1". Working on a larger reef tank now, looking to transfer them after a year in this nano.

I would even keep them in there for a day! You really should relocate these fish before they become too stressed out and die.

coral bueaty and marron clown are to big, the tang is ridiculusly to big, do u understand that those fish need 125 gallons, not to mention the other fish need a minimum 30

Beautiful tank but I wouldn't put a coral beauty in with coral. I know my lemonpeel decided that the maxi mini anemone was on his diet I ended up breaking up the rock it was attached to to get it out and in another tank.

I don't know how long you have had your fish in your tank but stress is a leading factor for disease. The tangs are pron to ich and lateral line disease when stressed.

Remember your clown will most likely become aggressive in a matter of months they are the ruler of the tank. I know one person that couldn't stand to get rid of their maroon clown and it was in a tank by itself for over 20 years it recently passed away. Its home was a 75 gallon all by itself.

I appreciate all of the advice. I'll move the tang and angel much sooner. All have been together for about a month, all seem happy, eat very well, and show no signs of stress. Very active swimmers.

The maroon is protective of the anenome and stays with it most of the time. My blenny found a hole in the side of my live rock and nested into his condo, sticks his head out most of the day but is active during feedings. The coral beauty loves to swim everywhere, but definitely found a home behind my live rock cluster and roommates with my cleaner shrimp. The Blue Tang is just a baby, suprisingly it has passed the test and is the only fish the maroon lets stay close to the anenome. It was pushing her away at first (no nipping) but now they are friends - spends all of her time in front of the aquarium with the clown.

Back
Top Bottom