new 5x2x2 predator fowlr build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When do i turn my skimmer on. Been set up for couple weeks. All the rock is cured and base.. Not expecting to cycle. Last tank didnt with same rock. Theres been two damsels in there for two days

As long as you did not add any chemicals such as water conditioner or algae removers then I would fire it up now.

200 gallon reef said:
As long as you did not add any chemicals such as water conditioner or algae removers then I would fire it up now.

Na no chems. Used rodi to fill tank. K might fire it up. Been a bit scared to. Havent ran tank with it going. Added black clown, ****** trigger and snowflake from other tank today so its gonna b needed. But all good. Will crank it up. Cheers

Skimmer up and running. Do i need to do anything to it? How long until the foam actually goes over into the cup or does it need to b adjusted

ForumRunner_20121104_160509.jpg

Def a niger trigger. It is hard to see the skimmer cup but do a little research and find out if u want to do a dry or wet skim. That will determine the height of the bubbles/water.

Yep its a niger. He is awesome. Tossing up if i should get a clown trigger or lion next. Thinking a lion. And mayb a harlequin or puffer. But not sure on puffer. Just always loved them

AusAaron said:
Yep its a niger. He is awesome. Tossing up if i should get a clown trigger or lion next. Thinking a lion. And mayb a harlequin or puffer. But not sure on puffer. Just always loved them

I have a Valentino Puffer, he are my shrimps!! But is pretty cool, but guess you could have a bigger puffer in your size tank?

Boolay1978 said:
I have a Valentino Puffer, he are my shrimps!! But is pretty cool, but guess you could have a bigger puffer in your size tank?

They r kewl. I wanted a little lobster until i saw what my eel thought of crabs. So scratched that idea for now. Yeah would love a big one but he would prob want the tank to himself

How long have you had your tank running? What do you have in it?

Back
Top Bottom