New pics of my NanoCube!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jermz79

Aquarium Advice Addict
Here is a picture of the full tank, the bright green stuff you see on the side is actually not algea ... I think it is the start of Coralline because it is a monster to scrape off! And a picture of my new Nano Sized Open Brain ... I traded some shrooms for it!!!

Enjoy!

Attachments

• nano2.jpg
    nano2.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 117
  • nano1_208.jpg
    nano1_208.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 141
  • nano3.jpg
    nano3.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 84
and a few shots of my zoo's ... my Strawberry decided to do a swim by in one of them!!! LOL

Attachments

• zoo1_641.jpg
    zoo1_641.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 60
  • zoo2_198.jpg
    zoo2_198.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 54
Nice job!!! (y) How do you keep the back so clean? Have you seen the new JBJ 6gal nanocube? IT may be on my Christmas list.

lando said:
Nice job!!! (y) How do you keep the back so clean? Have you seen the new JBJ 6gal nanocube? IT may be on my Christmas list.

I haven't done anything to the back of the tank ... I'm waiting very IMpatiently for the coralline to take over!! I haven't seen the new 6gal. Have they made some changes to the original? I'll have to check it out! Honestly I wish I would have waited for the new Aquapods that are coming ... similar to the Nanocube but better quality and HALIDE Equipped!!! OH YEAH!! and actually reasonably priced!

afilter said:
Very Nice! A Nano cube is on my wish list.

afilter ... you may want to check out the Aquapods ... they are really nice and I believe the 24 gallon comes equipped with Metal Halide lighting! They should be out in the next few weeks!!!

Here is a link to the new Aquapod! for the normal ones the lighting is actually only a little better than the NanoCubes and if you got $400 you can get the 70watt HQI equipped 24gallon!!!

http://www.ah-supply.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=666

BUT ... with the Aquapods being so hott right now you may be able to score a NanoCube REALLY Cheap!!

Oh yeah and thanks for the comments everyone! :wink:

I will have to look into. 12 gallons, I might get away with 24 gallon might be a bit much for the Mrs. considering what we already have. :roll:

I was actually thinking of using it as a starter tank to propoagate coral frags to move into the main later

If I thought I could get away with it I would have one at work, but it might be a bit distracting especially with the maintenance required. :)

Yeah me too! I would love to have one in my cubicle ... but we are not even allowed to have a plant on our desk so I don't think a SW tank would fly very well!! I work about 3.5 inches from this BIG FIREY HOLE in the earth ... other wise known as HELL :twisted: :twisted:

Ohh that tiny skimmer looks great.

There's a LFS a couple of towns over that sells the Nano cube deluxe for $99.99
I might just get it and that tiny skimmer. :twisted:

$99 is an awesome price for the deluxe model. I paid $139 and $25 shipping!!! You better jump on that deal!!!

That $400 Aquapod is a rip-off...and it only has 70watts of MH light. You could get a 20gal tank and a Coralife 150watt MH fixture for under $300. Just a thought.

Very true Lando ... didn't think of it that way! I think maybe the reason is because of the built in filtration and what not ... you could get a 20gal tank and 150w MH but you'd still need filters and what not! I think they are playing off the ease of setup!

Lando - did you see the Nano Skimmer? I have read a lot of good things about it!

The $99 price for the deluxe is great, i know. Thats why they are always sold out. lol
I'm going to swing by today and see if they have any.

Back
Top Bottom