New pictures of an old reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very nice..I LOVE all the mushrooms ,,i hope someday i can achieve that in my tank...
Wheres the FTS though

It wraps a corner and has seven sides. Front side was one piece of 3/4" acrylic bent at two points to make the corner.

Attachments

• image-1709242267.jpg
    image-1709242267.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 129
Really nice set up I see that you love mushrooms lol im a mushroom fan myself but not as many as you have

The shrooms just happened, started with just a few, now it's in the hundreds.
Reef is 250 gallon and the system is 400 gallons total.

That's what is so cool about this hobby, if the parameters are met, they will grow, like weeds. But the margin of error decreases with the type and number of the corals.

The two on the right are the frags doing prety good looking at your makes me thing I need a few more frags

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110811_192228.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110811_192228.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 86
  • ForumRunner_20110811_192308.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110811_192308.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 69
You can always get more frags. It's like looking a nice display tree in someone's yard. Do you plant a seed and wait 20 years, or do you do the transplant thing? I am always looking for more frags, but the big colonies that grow, i like to leave alone as much as possible. That is what a healthy reef looks like, some predominate large corals with other compatible species at chemically predetermined distances. I break this rule a lot because "I want one of those" hits me at the LFS, but I try to keep a trend going.

It turned out that having the mushroom growing everywhere, with selected coral growing among them was the look I was after. It covered a lot of naked rock. Just took a long time.

Gregcoyote said:
You can always get more frags. It's like looking a nice display tree in someone's yard. Do you plant a seed and wait 20 years, or do you do the transplant thing? I am always looking for more frags, but the big colonies that grow, i like to leave alone as much as possible. That is what a healthy reef looks like, some predominate large corals with other compatible species at chemically predetermined distances. I break this rule a lot because "I want one of those" hits me at the LFS, but I try to keep a trend going.

I would say im more of the seed watchin grow type I like to see how much my corals grow. Its cool when you see old pics and you get to injoy it more, kind of like you grew them lol

Back
Top Bottom