New to salt(30g), this should be fun.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roadsterspeed

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've been maintaining a 55g planted freshwater tank for some time now. But awhile ago I decided to venture into saltwater(more vibrant colors). So after giving the tank sometime to cycle I present to you my 30g. It plain for now and it needs a little more rocks. I'm going non- reef comparable with this tank as my 20G-L is going to be a nano reef tank. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395182527.335341.jpg

I'll update this with pictures of the fish and inverts I ordered later.

Here's the list.
2 purple candy anemone
3 blue chromis
2 three striped chromis
1 green mandarin
1 porcelain crab
2 ninja star snails
4 misc snails

And now pictures
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395271183.992462.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395271202.712649.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395271222.850505.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395271253.259044.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395271280.543989.jpg

Prt 2.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395271649.065467.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395271682.589033.jpg
Theirs a few plants in there too but I'm not too certain as to what they as my girlfriend stocked the tank. But I will keep updates on it as it progresses.

I hope that mandarin is eating prepared foods. That tank is far to young and small for one.

Too early for a nem as well. Not trying to be mean but i would return the nem and mandarin untill the tank is at least a year old. Its looking good though!

Not to pile on but that's way too much to add at once to a new tank too. I agree with the above posters on the mandi and the nems too. Slow down a little

Good grief they sure loaded you up. I would not got to that LFS anymore. Did they ask you how new was your tank? I mean wow dude you went from zero live stock to a full load. Just because of cost itself I would say slow down. If anything 1 chromis to help cycle. But 5? Wow. As a noob to a noob I would says take it really really slow, watch nature do its thing, and do a whole lot of forum reading. I mean you said you don't want a reef but you have a nem in there. SMH

+1 on all above posts. Your tank is far too young for a nem and speaking from experience if your mandarin is not eating prepared food he will die a slow death. And way too many fish to add all at once, watch out for a crash and good luck

Also you may want to move your tank from in front of that window. Maybe black out the back.

I agree with everyone before me, and also I would like to say that everything you bought Is reef safe. So much for the non-reef idea. You should have added the full amount of rock before you added any livestock also. You may have a spike when you add more.
What kind of light do you have over this tank? If it's the stock T8 lamp, those anemones won't survive.

I have taken your advice I went to a local pet store and the owner agreed to take everything. He said some of the fish will go in his personal tank and the rest will find homes. Sadly I think she was a little over zealous on her purchases.

Thank you everyone for your support and advice.

Back
Top Bottom