Night pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fualku

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just got some new polyps today. They started to open up and i was going picture crazy. I dont even have a nice digital camera and i just learned about the macro feature. They glow under the the moon light and i was able to get a good picture. One is the original and the other is photoshoped up! Anyone else have any cool night pics?

Attachments

• polyps_bright.jpg
    polyps_bright.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 232
  • polyps_original.jpg
    polyps_original.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 313
Been trying to get some good ones for some time. Great shot, those zoos look the coolest at night!

I have polyps that I will take a pic of at night when they all open...Also I did the enhanced ones maybe I will do that with my photoshop did it to my LR and got a lot of comments till I told them I enhanced it.

I thought i would let the cat out of the bag early. I will say that i didn't do anything unnatural to the picture. I just played with the levels to get the natural colors of the coral to come out. With that said i don't think it would be concidered a fake pic. take a look at the original right bellow it and you will see.

Looks great! I would love to see a pic of them open during the day. What color are they, where did you get them?

I love those. Zoos with green skirts and orange centers are my favorite. I have 2 colonies of those in my tank now :)

lando said:
Looks great! I would love to see a pic of them open during the day. What color are they, where did you get them?

They have green skirts and orange centers. I got them from liveaquaria. I highly reccomend them. Within an hour of placing them in my tank they started to open. By the time i took those pictures they were only in the tank for less than 6 hours and about half of them were completely open. This morining my hermits were on them cleaning out all the algea between the polyps, so most of them were closed. Hopely when i get home all the polyps will be open and i will get a nice daytime pic.

Back
Top Bottom