Paul's 40 Gallon Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very nice! When is it getting wet?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Very soon if I can find the time to do it all. It is going to literally be a transfer. I did it when I went from my 35 hex to my 38. No noticeable cycle at all. I will be reusing the overflow box, gate, & check valve. So I will have to get all of that off and get it all plumbed and secure. Also moving the sump over (keeping it wet). I will put in some foundation rock using my current live rock along with saltwater and (new/rinsed) sand. Then adding the rest of rock & coral and getting it all up and running. Fish and some coral will be left in current 38 untill everything gets situated to sone extent. I'm gonna be working like a mad man at keeping it all going smoothly. I may have left out something as well, but I got it all figured out in my head. :)

Basically the only things that will be new is the glass, the sand, and most of the water.

I'll never forget my transfer I thought I was going to die , lol
you shouldn't have any issues only reason mine was so hard was I was transferring 2
tanks into 1 a total of 16 1/2 hours non stop work , the only casualty was my mandarin
poor lil guy
hope you have a smooth transition , and things go well

I'll never forget my transfer I thought I was going to die , lol
you shouldn't have any issues only reason mine was so hard was I was transferring 2
tanks into 1 a total of 16 1/2 hours non stop work , the only casualty was my mandarin
poor lil guy
hope you have a smooth transition , and things go well
Thanks! Sorry about the mandarin, and that's alot of hours nonstop! I'm aiming for alot less time than that! :)

Stand looks great Paul. Very professional. Good luck with transfering everything over to the new tank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Things are in motion...

rLKLMG4.jpg

rbGKiAP.jpg

jE75ecR.jpg

The 38 is officially capped off and the new 40 is plumbed. Cleaned out media reactor, got SW mixing, cleaned return pump, etc. Tomorrow is gonna be a big day! Wish me luck!

Qqi9AK5.jpg

2jlXt10.jpg

Maybe tomorrow I will have a completely new FTW. Lol. The rock is going to take me days to get right probably. Especially with all the coral on them.

That is a stand and tank to be proud of and you don't even have the rocks and fish in it!!! Don't know but I think you could have a side career building awesome tank stands!

Really enthused to see the transfer progress and "completion" (not including the week of making sure it is juuuuust right.)

That is a stand and tank to be proud of and you don't even have the rocks and fish in it!!! Don't know but I think you could have a side career building awesome tank stands!

Really enthused to see the transfer progress and "completion" (not including the week of making sure it is juuuuust right.)

Thanks! I don't think I would want to build them too often. Lol. For the right price, sure. Gonna start on it again when I get home from work this morning and ill be at it all day. (y)

Good luck Paul!!! Very exciting and looking forward to the pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Oh man what a intense day! And its still not over. Here are some quick cell pics!

The sump is out!
m1h19rz.jpg

Last look of the 38 (with the old T5 HO's at that!)
AAbEm8Q.jpg

So long38, it's been a wonderful journey!
0FQLCH5.jpg

Hello new 40! (under major construction)
e8uYM0b.jpg

CI9vyyu.jpg

So I just got everything up and running on the 40 and it turns out I put the gate valve on the wrong drain! :banghead: Which is simple horrible with a herbie style setup. So now I'm about to try and undo this horrible mistake. Does anyone know how long regular PVC glue needs to dry before I can run my aquarium system through the drains?

I've read 24 hours, but in all honesty I've waited an hour or two and started it all up.

Thats what I was thinking. There won't be any pressure really going through it, I was just worried about the fumes of the glue messing with the water.

I just read on the cement that it cures in 2 hours, so that's how long ill wait. Thanks for the reply BTW sniper.

Back
Top Bottom