Purple Power

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kmirtsching

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was at PetSmart yesterday and saw this stuff called Ppurple Power. I can't remember the name brand, but it was aan additive for ur tank that helped/made coraline algae grow. Does anyone know what this stuff is and what are your thoughts on it? Is it worth it?

Purple up contains mostly calcium which you should be getting from your weekly water changes anyways. Alot of people use it and alot think its a gimmick. It's up to you whether you wanna try it.

I have coraline growing on one side of my tank, but no the other. The other side mostly had like green turf looking stuff until I added a second power head to my biocube, now its clearing off and I'm hopeing to get the coraline to start growing there as well. By the way, how do u get rid of red algae. Not sure if its red cyano or red bubble algae bc it has bubbles growing under it in places. I scrapwed it off the two spots it was growing and sucked it out with a baster, but then two days later I noticed it growing back at the same places, but then two new places poped up! Uggghhhhh! My cuc won't touch it.

I used one called purple. Up these are the results. One thing about it u have to watch ur calcium

Attachments

• 2011-07-20 18.39.37.jpg
    2011-07-20 18.39.37.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 115
  • 2011-07-20 18.36.31.jpg
    2011-07-20 18.36.31.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 109
For the red algae u can use a powder called chemi clean u have to do a water change after so many days of using it

Thanks. I'm pretty sure I saw that chemi clean at PetSmart yesterday. I will make a trip back there today for sure!

They now make a chemi clean that doesn't require water changes, I just used it about a week ago and all my red algae was gone overnight and there was only a slight increase in nitrates which i did a pwc for anyways. Stuff was like magic. Hoping theres no long term effects though....

Wow! I will look for that one instead, I usually do my water changes on wednesdays but I will check my parameters and see if it will be ok to wait til Thursday.

Thanks guys! I dosed my tank with the chemiclean and the red slime is gone! Also my friend was checking out my tank and found on top of one of my rocks, a tiny feather duster! Was worried at first it was aptaisia, but it has a tube it comes in and out of, and quickly retracts back with any movement in the water! I'm excited!

Back
Top Bottom